Planned coursework question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnDoeDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about this. I want to start D-School next year...

Anyway I am going to be taking physics one this fall and phys II spring '07 before I graduate. I am obviously putting this in my planned coursework. My question is that I am a business major and took only the basic pre-reqs so far. Some of the schools though that I will be applying to require some higher end courses that I have non of. If I get accepted to these schools I will obviously want to take those higher end courses BUT if I get accepted to my state school that doesnt require "extra" classes I dont want to have to bother.

Do you guys think its okay to write that you plan to take biochem spring '06 but then would it be okay to not actually take it? Basically Im planning it now but plans change right? It should be definite correct? Anyway what do you guys think about this?
Also since I have only completed BIO CHEM and ORGO do you think I can be accepted to school with just those classes be4 they see my physics grade? Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends on what the school requires. check their reqs at their webpages. Not all schools require bio chem but many are beginning to do this. Its very likely that you will have to have 2 semesters worth of physics for most of the schools that you apply to. As for the higher end courses...The application process is so sporatic and undefined that if you put something in your planned coursework, you better plan to take it. Especially if one of the schools you want to get into accepts you. This happened to me...I put bio chem on my planned coursework because a couple of the schools i was applying to required it. But it wasn't offered the semester i was going to take it at my school. I figured it wouldn't matter...but 3 of the schools i was accepted to had it as a requirement. so i kind of screwed myself. I did however make it work anyway. You have to plan ahead though, so if you want to apply somewhere you better make sure you complete all their requirements. If you're THAT SURE you'll get into your state school then by all means put whatever you want on your applications, but this isn't undergraduate, there are no guarantees (safety schools) in professional schools. good luck

thanks. What I meant though is I def. plan to take both physics.

Now my state school does not require any "extra" science classes LIKE biochem for example.
But Some schools I applied to do require them. So I am thinking of putting them in my planned coursework. BUT if I get accepted to my state school I dont want to have to take that class that I put in Planned Coursework since it isnt required for my school. But if I do get accepted to the other schools I will take it.
So will be a problem for a school that does not require it even though I put it in my planned coursework if I dont end up taking it?

Also do you guys think I have a chance of getting accpeted even though I dont have any physics yet? But I do plan on finishing by sping 06. Basically my BCP GPA will onlu have BC. Know what I mean? Thanks.