Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Planned coursework

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by elchino, Aug 4, 2015.

1. elchino

5+ Year Member

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Hey all, I'm just about to submit my app. I understand that the next time you can update the coursework is through the academic update in December.

My question is, do I need to mark down which courses I plan to take for the Fall semester to be able to update the coursework? Say for example, I plan to take Chem II, so I mark it down as a planned course and only get to update the grade for that class. But let's say after I submit my app but decide I want to retake Physics II as well and didn't put it down as a planned course, does that mean I won't be able to note that down in the coursework section?

As of now, I'm on the verge of thinking whether I should retake a few B's or not during the Fall semester to raise my pGPA. I do want to submit the app ASAP as I don't want to waste time thinking about what classes I should take and prolong submitting the app. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. starrsgirl

7+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    My fall plan definitely changed a bit and it was fine. I would go ahead and mark a course as 'planned' now if you are even thinking about redoing it. As for whether or not to retake some more classes in the fall, when do your schools make interview decisions? If they make them before December, I wouldn't retake anything...it's a total wash. If they don't make interview decisions until January or later, it might be worth it.

4. elchino

5+ Year Member

Pre-Physical Therapy
    OK, good to know that the academic update is flexible and I can add classes if I decide to retake any.

Several schools I'm applying to have deadlines before December but I have a few schools I'd like to apply to and retake some courses I had B's in to boost my pGPA.