Planning a study schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about what kind of hours I should be putting in each day for this beast. I planned out a tentative schedule of 10 hours/day, 6 days/week (taking Sundays off). Is this too much? It would be for 6 weeks. Just wanted to get a feel for what others are doing.

Members don't see this ad.

I did 9 weeks with an average of 10-11 hours/day taking Sunday off. I am taking my test on Saturday and I still don't feel all the way prepared, so no it is not too much. I would have never been able to study that much during the school year, but you have to just treat this like a job and do your time. Keep focused on the goal and the score you want.

:scared:

But if it's not uncommon for people at your school to study that much, it might be worth doing.

I think there is a disadvantage to distancing yourself too much from your last period of coursework, particularly if your school ends with material heavy in pathology.

:scared:

But if it's not uncommon for people at your school to study that much, it might be worth doing.

I think there is a disadvantage to distancing yourself too much from your last period of coursework, particularly if your school ends with material heavy in pathology.

Well, this would after school is over. We're done in April. I'm definitely keeping up with schoolwork for now. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should do 5 1/2 days a week and break starting 6 pm on sat and sunday off. I think you'll be more refreshed come mondays. I did this for 8 week when we had off, but in retrospect 7 weeks would of been just as good cause in the last week I didn't learn anything new, just reviewed.

hi longdong, i remember vaguely browsing the forums and saw that you did a lot of questions, i think i work the same way as you....do you mind sending me a link to your study schedule or course of action including books and whatnot. Did you study for 8 weeks total or do more during th school year? Thanks so much!

I'm curious about what kind of hours I should be putting in each day for this beast. I planned out a tentative schedule of 10 hours/day, 6 days/week (taking Sundays off). Is this too much? It would be for 6 weeks. Just wanted to get a feel for what others are doing.

I think it depends, how many hours do you usually put in during the school year?