Planning for Reapplying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaleidoscope1202

Reaction score
So I haven’t gotten any II’s yet from any of the schools I applied for and been hit with radio silence. I completed all my secondaries early August. My gpa and MCAT aren’t that good (3.3gpa and 502 MCAT). I have 2500 clinical hours from my CNA work (and counting), six LORS’s, 100 hours of shadowing, and 250 hours of volunteer. I work full time so I can support myself so I’ve been a bit worried lately. I am a URM (AA woman) and I’ve been struggling with my imposter syndrome for awhile since I haven’t received any interviews my I’m studying now to retake the MCAT this year. Should I be worried by the lack of interviews at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see a WAMC so we can't say if your school list was too ambitious or what not. You should have applied to DO schools with your metrics, and networking with schools before applying would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think improving your MCAT score and increasing the number/type of schools you are applying to would be the best place to start. Feel free to DM me if you would like some recommendations of free MCAT study resources.