Planning on relocating

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalkid434

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am writing this entry as a means of venting and I appreciate your time in reading this post.

To cut to the chase -- I got rejected my the school that I basically already imagined my living arrangements at and was not even given an interview invite prior to the cold rejection. I am even more broken up about the rejection than my recent breakup with a longtime boyfriend. I fantasized working at their labs, sitting in their classes, being an asset the institution and in the dental practice as being their Alma Mater. I imagined my life there and only there. I guess I am not just good enough and will never be good enough and in all honestly, all of the hard work and long nights that I put in is worthless. Completely worthless and shameful. I am a complete and utter total failure and all this is worthless. I am so sad that now the only possible way that I can think of in that I can get over the situation is by moving to some desolate island somewhere off the coast of the Galapagos Island of where no one will know me and I will not be the town's shame. I am even considering finding a job and waiting a year before reapplying for the following cycle. I am a waste of resources on this planet.

Members don't see this ad.

seriously? I understand being upset about a rejection but I don't think you need to put yourself down like this, especially so publicly. I'm sorry you got attached but everything happens for a reason

seriously? I understand being upset about a rejection but I don't think you need to put yourself down like this, especially so publicly. I'm sorry you got attached but everything happens for a reason

Don't encourage her dude.

Members don't see this ad :)

you will be okay, i promise. stop talking crazy. ur best days are still ahead of you dentalkid. hang in there, u made it to dental school. u can specialize at your dream school if you want.

I am writing this entry as a means of venting and I appreciate your time in reading this post.

To cut to the chase -- I got rejected my the school that I basically already imagined my living arrangements at and was not even given an interview invite prior to the cold rejection. I am even more broken up about the rejection than my recent breakup with a longtime boyfriend. I fantasized working at their labs, sitting in their classes, being an asset the institution and in the dental practice as being their Alma Mater. I imagined my life there and only there. I guess I am not just good enough and will never be good enough and in all honestly, all of the hard work and long nights that I put in is worthless. Completely worthless and shameful. I am a complete and utter total failure and all this is worthless. I am so sad that now the only possible way that I can think of in that I can get over the situation is by moving to some desolate island somewhere off the coast of the Galapagos Island of where no one will know me and I will not be the town's shame. I am even considering finding a job and waiting a year before reapplying for the following cycle. I am a waste of resources on this planet.

You are supposed to wait until you are a dentist FIRST before you contribute to the whole 'dentists have the highest suicide rate' urban legend:naughty:

But seriously, have you been accepted elsewhere? Your signature says class of 2017.

If so, don't sweat it for the obvious reasons.

If not, there is still time to get in somewhere. Obviously, your school of previous choice didn't deserve you. And sometimes in life it is true that sometimes the worst thing to have gotten is the thing you thought you most wanted. Think of all the many people who get married to the mate of their dreams only to discover a lifetime of horror. Head up: things will look better, different, etc given some time.

I'd love some solitude in the Galapagos or someplace like that. People suck, generally.

Err.. This is unusual LOL well if misery really does love company: I didn't get into my state school which is almost 1/3 of the price of the school I put my deposit into. Not to mention my boyfriend got into our state school which leaves me even more depressed. We were going to get an apartment... hell we even named the dog we were going to get. I felt like such a derp for not making the cut :/. BUT then I realized there is no use crying over spilt milk. Yeah, you didn't get into your #1 choice... So what? From what I can tell you have great stats, and you're going to be a dentist. Who knows? Maybe you would have hated it at your #1 school. Anyways I hope this makes you feel better LOL

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1357618568.788198.jpg

This always cheers me up