Plans After MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SKaminski

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So, i'm a recent graduate (2011) with plans on going into medicine. I currently work a full time job and study the MCATS during all of my free time.

I try to do shadowing, but that typically comes down to weekends twice a month. My question is: What should I do after the MCATS

A) but Before applications to increase my likelihood of getting interviews.

B) and before interviews (probably after step A) to have progress to speak of.

I am taking my MCATS on April 27th, so i'll have about a month between taking and applying.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Drugs are bad,, mmmkay? Unless prescribed by your local MD that is.

I know that after the MCAT, most of my time will be spent working. If I can save up enough money to pay off a year or two of tuition, that's less debt to worry about defaulting on, assuming I matriculate. And even if I don't, I'll still have money in the BANK (shawty what ya thank?).

Win-win situation... Assuming of course that these low interest rates and inflation rates don't kill me... Who am I kidding, it's a lose-lose situation. Practicing for the MCAT is the only thing distracting me from the dismal reality of our current economic calamity, where my B.Sc. lands me an awesome $25k a year job flipping burgers...

God save me