Plans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefool

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

My situation right now is as follows:

I have applied to Stony Brook for the summer, but have not registered for classes yet. My plan was to take 2 in each of their 2 summer sessions, possibly calculus, but I am not sure what else. I want to matriculate to Stony Brook in the fall and take the 8 core science pre-reqs in a year and then take a few other upper level science courses as my undergrad gpa was 2.5. Im on track with volunteering my time in health settings (hospital, nursing home) and studying etc.

My questions are: I need to do very well in these courses to raise my gpa. Taking them at Stony Brook in an unofficial program may not be best for me as I hear that official post-bac programs are more lenient with grades. If I take them unofficially it will be harder to get those high grades I need, unless I have been misinformed about this.

I do not know that many schools with official post-bac programs that would even accept me with my low gpa, does anyone know of any? or have any other suggestions for me.

Thanks very much

Members don't see this ad.