1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Plants-Biology

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by AASDDS1, Aug 9, 2011.

1. AASDDS1

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hey guys-i know that this topic has been discussed but i couldn't find an answer for my question specifically. the ADA guide states that we will be tested on plants under "classifications", but what about non classification stuff? basically i thought classification of plants implies pp 154-157 of cliffs ap ie "kingdom plantae"...
    i didn't bother with the entire plant chapter (that discusses tissues, primary/secondary growth, transport mechanisms, hormones etc). has anyone had questions on these topics?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LetsGo2DSchool

Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    The consensus on most score report threads I've read was very little to no plant questions. Personally, plant biology is only practical if you're interested in gardening or growing some herbs. Stick to animals.

4. buckey

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I took the DAT last october with that mentality and got burnt on multiple plant questions. I would be comprehensive and know a little bit about plants.

5. FROGGBUSTER

2+ Year Member

I had 2. Know Cliffs' section on plants.