Plants on OAT??

eyelash4

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that we're responsible for knowing about plant classification such as the different phyla in kingdom plantae and the characteristics of each of those phyla, but do we have to knoww more specific info. about plants such as plant anatomy, reproduction, growth, life cycle...?:confused: Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

I know that we're responsible for knowing about plant classification such as the different phyla in kingdom plantae and the characteristics of each of those phyla, but do we have to knoww more specific info. about plants such as plant anatomy, reproduction, growth, life cycle...?:confused: Thanks for any help!

I don't remember seeing these on my OAT, but they shouldn't take too much of your time to know them though.

I might be getting myself confused with practice test questions, but I think there were a few questions on plants. About like, life cycles of plants (you know how some plants have a dominant sporophyte generation and others have a dominant gametophyte generation, and still, others have alternating generations). Aside from knowing about the bryophytes, angiosperms, and ginkgo, etc., I think it would be beneficial to review information about plant growth (cambium, phloem, etc.) but partly because it is easier to study and there is less to know. It's all pretty basic so don't worry too much about it, just review it a bit.

yes you do need to know it for the real test. if you're unlucky there could be a couple of hard ones. i only had one question today and it was about the different parts of the flowering plant. g'luck. :thumbup:

Thanks so much for your replies and best wishes! On with the studying....