Plants!?

Started by cemented
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cemented

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am planning to take the PCAT in Jan and I was wondering how much do I need to focus on plants? I haven't seen this stuff in years, and are there any good sites to go to help me study (kaplan's plant stuff sucks)
thanks
 
I would focus on plant organelles and their functions, basic Biology.

Perhaps, you could just compare animal v. plant cells.

Don't rely on Kaplan, just use your textbooks.
 
It really depends on the test form you get. Some people have a lot of plant stuff, and some people (like me) get none. I've read on this board that the Kaplan info is sufficient. Knowing Qalb's suggestions are definitely a must.
 
It really depends on the test form you get. Some people have a lot of plant stuff, and some people (like me) get none. I've read on this board that the Kaplan info is sufficient. Knowing Qalb's suggestions are definitely a must.

I got some specific questions about plants though... so I guess.. people got different questions on the test
 
Taking a plant biology or botany course is overkill for the PCAT regardless of the variation in the number of plant questions between forms. A good general biology course and/or textbook should be sufficient to cover the plant biology tested on the PCAT.