Plastic Chances? Am I just dreaming...

Started by Scars
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Definitely do the plastics away rotations. Concentrate on getting excellent letters.

Your step 1 score will get you interviews. So definitely apply for the plastic surgery match. Apply to every plastics program. Borrow money, beg, or ebay fire-sale to make it happen.

You can apply to gen surg as a backup. With your scores, I'd say apply to 10-20 gen surg programs as well. Customize your application so your gen surg application has a gen surg essay along with gen surg letters of rec (for gen surg, just finding any surgeon who will write a positive one is enough).

Good luck.
 
I am wondering if I have any shot either. I'm in the middle of my M3 plastics rotation, and I'm loving it. I'm just wanting to know if I should even consider this specialty. Step 1 score 238, AOA, I have neurosurgery research with my name on an abstract and poster. I know my step 1 is pretty low for this specialty, but is it a deal-breaker?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad