Plastic Surgery Cases

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LHCF

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just watching Dr. 90210 and wondering how does an anesthesiologist get to work exclusively on plastic surgery cases? Do jobs like this get advertised?

Members don't see this ad.

You are only eligible for these jobs if you wear muscle shirt scrubs, a headband rather than scrubcap, and a sweet frost job to your hair would make you golden.

LHCF said:
I was just watching Dr. 90210 and wondering how does an anesthesiologist get to work exclusively on plastic surgery cases? Do jobs like this get advertised?

all i know is that the female asian plastic surgeon's anesthesiologist is her husband. so i guess if you marry a plastic surgeon, then you could work exclusively on these cases.

Members don't see this ad :)
Carm said:
You are only eligible for these jobs if you wear muscle shirt scrubs, a headband rather than scrubcap, and a sweet frost job to your hair would make you golden.

Don't knock that gig, you could probably get in a few bench sets in between cases with that douche bag.

Carm said:

I heard you have to like doing concentration curls just prior to cases so that you have a good pump when you begin intubation.

That show is like Saved By the Bell for me. No matter how ridiculous it is, I can't seem to keep my channel surfing off it.

I hate myself!

BTW - He was breaking bricks at his karate class the other day, and being a complete fruit about it. Overdramatizing about how this could end his career, how only his inner hatred for his father could give him the power to break the bricks. Great stuff.

I am heading to frost my hair, and ask the lady to give me a sweet little curl in the front. Now I look AWESOME.

Beware of these type of practices: Many of them pay you an hourly rate for your services or in some other way cap your income and either bill for anesthesia services themselves or set a cash pay rate limit to limit your income and maximize theirs.

Unless you are getting paid a reasonable rate per hour (at least $300+/hour), you can make more doing privately insured lap chole's on a per hour basis.