Plastic surgery fellowship after GS (as an IMG?)

Started by 1surgical
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

1surgical

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I was wondering what US plastics fellowship programs are looking for in an IMG (Ireland) medical graduate, but I will be doing my GS residency in the US?

Would I be considered the same as an American med grad that is doing his GS residency or am I still considered an IMG when applying for the fellowship?

Looking forward to your input, I appreciate it!
 
Hello,

I am just wondering which Irish medical school you attended? I've just applied to a handful of Irish schools and was happy to see a graduate land a GS residency. Also, are you an American or a Canadian citizen? Any advice you have would be greatly appreciate, I am a bit nervous about making such a big decision!