plastic surgery in brazil ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blue pepsi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who can guide me for the Diploma of plastic Surgery in Brazil?
That Advantage for postgraduated doctor (M.b , B.CH)

in which i can take good practice and Experience?

Members don't see this ad.

It is not worth it to train in Brazil,do your residency in your home country,in Brazil they just have high volume but reasonable quality.You could go there to do a 6 month diploma course,just to get some experience but otherwise it isn't worth it.Also residents get paid about usd$1,000 per month with no benefits.

Members don't see this ad :)
Blue Pepsi, are you a graduate of an american medical school?

What was said above about residents' salary is unfortunately true. Usually in order to increase their income residents do moonlighting on call every week usually in the weekend.

Hi everyone, hoping u could help attachFull192221 Im 5th year med school student from Serbia, ex Yugoslavia, Europe. I saw this forum and was hoping you guys can answer me some questions i would be very grateful. Im finishing my med school here in Serbia next year and would like to come to Brazil to do my residency programme in plastic and reconstructive surgery and Brazil has a great reputation in that field. How long does the residency last? ( i heard something about having to do 2 year general surgery residency first, is it true?? Cause here in Europe we go straight to plastics). What are the best programms in plastics( universities and hospitals) you think i should apply to and is there possibility of doing residency in english instead of portugese? What is the procedure for foreign med students? I would pay myself for my residency expenses. Thank you all for your time and patience. Greets! attachFull192222

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-19_19-5-26.png
    upload_2015-5-19_19-5-26.png
    95 bytes · Views: 100
  • upload_2015-5-19_19-5-26.png
    upload_2015-5-19_19-5-26.png
    95 bytes · Views: 97