Plastic Surgery Journals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hotwasabi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am currently working on a few review articles in plastic surgery with an upperclassman at my future medical school. Although I am quite far from sending them for publication, I wanted to gain an idea from this knowledgeable community about some well respected plastic surgery journals. Basically, which ones are considered the top within this field of medicine (much like Science, Nature, and New England Journal of Medicine)?

Also, which ones from experience are reasonably easy to get published (in terms of time between acceptance and submission, and difficulty of reviewer comments)?

Finally, for solid plastic surgery review articles are open access journals respected?

Thanks again for everyone's help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

i guess this is what happens when you start a really high impact thread......

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (PRS) would be the best to get published in, as it's well known and has the highest impact factor within the field. You could also try Annals of Plastic Surg. Depending on what the review is on, I'd also check out some of the more specific journals, like J Craniofacal Surgery, JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery, Burns, etc. (Unfortunately) I can't really answer your other questions because I have limited experience myself with the process for most of the journals

Plastic and reconstructive surgery is the main journal, check out the impact factor for the different journals and have your research mentor guide you futuretopdoctor