Plastic Surgery

Started by hp6527
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hp6527

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How competitive is fellowship of plastic surgery (assumed that you are going to finish a residency of general surgery)? Just curious.
 
The Plastic Surgery Residency Matching Program (SFMatch) lists a success rate of 66%, but this includes everyone applying with 3, 4, and 5 years of general surgery training. I remember a breakdown a few years ago (I can't locate it now, I'm afraid) that gave the match rates for each year past PGY3 of GS training, and the match rate for those completing a GS residency was >75%.