plastics through SF Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

handsurg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Can we start a list of programs offering interviews for the independent plastic surgery programs.

Any one knows how much does it help to have your program director make phone calls to recommend you to PRS programs

Members don't see this ad.

I applied already, what I meant by a list is that whenever, someone get an interview to post the name of the program he received it from so everyone can know that this particular program sent the invitations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah anyone heard anything? Its impressive how screwed up CAS is this year which is apparently accounting for some delay.

I received one rejection from Uni of Tennessee

handsurg said:
I received one rejection from Uni of Tennessee

I received a packet from UAB about the program and when the interview dates are, but also with a letter stating that interviews would be offered via email and should be received no later than February 10.

Vanderbelt sent postcards aknowledging the receipt of the application

triathlete411 said:
UVa invite via email

Did UVa indicate they will also send letter? My e-mail server was down for a few days, and I haven't been able to recover all my messages. Thanks.

rejection from UIC

Hey everyone,
I've never joined a forum before (althought I've read several), but I thought that this thread is an excellent idea, so I decided to join and contribute.
I hope that this will grow over the next few weeks. :thumbup:

One of the benefits of this forum is that it allows others to know when interview invites are being sent out. Most interview invites are sent in one or two large batches.

Another benefit of this forum is that we may be able to benefit from knowing who is coming to our interviews. For example, we may be able to get two bed hotel rooms and split costs with fellow candidates, or we may be able to share cab rides to and from the airports, or we may be able to go out and enjoy the nightlife of a town/city with a fellow candidate. In order to enjoy this benefit, everyone should allow others to send you messages.

Also, I encourage you all to tell other candidates about this forum.

Here are my interviews so far:

+ U Texas Houston
+ Indiana U
+ U Ill Chicago
+ UT Med Branch Galveston
+ U Miami

I don't see the point to posting rejections, since we will all get many more rejections than interviews and we can't really benefit much from rejections since they may be sent out at random times. At this point, my rejections are the same number as my interviews. Let me know what you think. :rolleyes:

I have a few words about the CAS this year. It totally sucks!! :mad:
They have been so incompetent with our professional lives that it is infuriating. The lone person in charge of all of our applications has changed twice last year, and they are on the third one now. She is overwhelmed and has been instructed not to answer phone calls. They waited until Jan 16th to send out all our applications, at least a month later than last year. Most programs had all their applications by this time last year, but most are still getting applications now and are sending out invite letters in the next 2 weeks. So we will all be scrambling to buy really expensive airplane tickets in the next couple weeks for interviews that are only one month away. Please share your thoughts on this subject.

Well, that's it from me. Keep posting everyone!! :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Good thoughts.

+Miami
+UCSD (gotta fax back a form. kind of strange)
via mail

+Albany Med
email

can't wait to try to find coverage for every day in march :thumbup:

It Will be crazy. I have four interviews in March (every saturday). That means that the rest will either be in april or I have to choose certain programs over others. Most programs are offering one or two dates. All so far have been on a Saturday.

IU
UCSD
Albany Med
UT San Antonio

+ Medical College of GA (e-mail)
+ U Mississippi (letter)
+ Miami (letter)

In addition to the ones listed...

UNC Chapel Hill by mail
UC Irvine by email
Penn State by email

Still waiting to hear from a bunch of programs.

Hey everyone,
In addition to the ones I listed before, I have also gotten

+ UC Irvine and
+ UT San Antonio

Both of these have only one interview date, so it looks like we are finally gonna meet each other. I'll see you guys there! :D

Also, whats the most recent news about the stability of the UC Irvine program and medical center? Anybody know? :confused:

See ya!

has anyone heard from OHSU, rejection or offer for interview?

please reply if you have

thanks

xTNS

I received a rejection from them.
Anyone heard from the Mayo clinic

more updates:

Recent rejections from:
Pitt (letter)
Lahey Clinic (letter)
UC Davis (e-mail)

Interview offer from NY-Presbyterian (e-mail)

Additions to above:

+Emory
+UMass
+Rush
+Harvard

Loving that all the interviews are on the same dates :thumbup:
Anyone heard from temple or ucla

Anyone interested in switching dates for Chapel Hill from March 11th to 18th? I'm scheduled now for 18th (now have conflict), and want to switch to the 11th. Thanks.

Hey everyone,
The interview session is about to begin. Somehow I have managed to schedule several and arrange for call coverage for every weekend in March.

I know that most of the interview dates are in March, and many are on the same dates. So I was curious to know, after taking all your invitations and rejecting the ones that you cannot attend due to conflicts, how many interviews is everyone going to?

For me, as of now, I am going to 9 (UT Houston, UT Med Branch Galveston, U Miami, LSU, UI Chicago, Indiana U, UT San Antonio, UC Irvine, and U Tennessee), and I am expecting to go to UCLA and Vanderbilit, too.

What about everyone else? Post how many and which ones. Take care and see you on the interview trail. :cool:

Total nine interviews, most in March, anyone heard from programs in NYC

handsurg said:
Total nine interviews, most in March, anyone heard from programs in NYC

Based on prior posts and my own experience the following programs have not been heard from as of yet

LSU
Tulane
Wayne St
St Louis
nebraska
Montefiore
Nassau
Summa
cincinnati - its closed maybe we can get our 25$ back...
Oklahoma
Temple
Chattanooga
Vandy
parkland
Christus St joseph

I had nine and 2 conflicts until Miami and UMass each added a day in April. My list includes Med Col GA, Loyola, UCSD, UNC Chapel Hill, UIC, NY Prebyterian, Cleveland Clinic, Penn State, UC Irvine, Miami, and UMass. As noted by Handsurg, still waiting on the other NY programs. Also still haven't heard from Temple. Good luck to everyone.

why is it that UCSF gets listed on SF match every year but they really don't have a spot?

It seems that most programs have sent their invites. still waiting to hear from the NY programs.
Maybe at this point we should start talking about the interviews and the programs, and what are your impressions about each program.

It seems that each program has its weaknesses but overall what matters is to match somewhere.

I interviewed at MCG and residents seemed happy, it does not look like they are heavy on case load, and like many university programs, not heavy on cosmetic numbers.

So what do guys think about programs you saw so far.

funkmasterflex said:
dy95, what date did UMass add in april? Thanks!

Friday, April 7 from 1:00 - 5:00 pm

Yesterday was match day for the independent programs. How did everyone do?