Playing hooky to study for Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mesoderm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one? Fess up, pardners!

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I was. Today is my birthday and yet here I am celebrating my 24th year on this earth with my good friend High Yield Neuroanatomy.

There's not even candles....

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, big fun to be had by all as I tread the waters of the endocrine system :)

I saw a thread a while back about people blowing off classes to study for the boards, lots of views for and against, can't recall what the consensus was. I used to think that was not good, but here I am!

I haven't so far, but we're having a two-week review block in April, and you can bet that I'll be staying home with the books during that time. :)

I wish I was. Today is my birthday and yet here I am celebrating my 24th year on this earth with my good friend High Yield Neuroanatomy.

Please tell me you're going to do something fun tonight, man.

haha that was me two weeks ago on my bday - crappiest bday in recent memory. This better be worth it.
happy bday!!

Could be worse....this year on my bday I had my training session w/ a standardized patient for the male genital and rectal exams....probably the only year I'll ever remember exactly what I did on my birthday....

I was ruthless in skipping lectures that I didn't feel were worth my time. I would usually use that time to study for my current classes with a focus on Step 1 and/or the class, but some of it was definitely for other topics I needed to study up for Step 1. The only type of class I would not skip to study on your own would be the intro to clinical medicine/professionalism/ethics type of classes. That material isn't on Step 1 (at least not very much) and it's actually more important in the long run.