You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Please a sort of newbie
Started by EvolutionaryRevolutionary
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just ask, we'll answer.
Thanks! You guys are awesome.
Like Amaca.
Apologies for the derail, but I would like to tack on a question. I was playing around on SDN once and I came across a great long list of smilies and how to make them. I have been searching for that page for a while now (literally using the search function) and I cannot seem to find them. Can someone post a link please? I want to use smilies . . .
Like Amaca.
Can you use it in a sentence please? You're not referring to AMCAS are you? If you are . . .
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/amcas/
Excuse if I chose not to phrase it in a question pal.
[emoji4]
Basic ones:
II= interview invite
OOS- Out of State
IS- In state
I think those are the most common, but if you have any others then just ask.
II= interview invite
OOS- Out of State
IS- In state
I think those are the most common, but if you have any others then just ask.
I don't think he/she was trying to call you out for your sentence structure. He/She was just trying to understand what acronym you want to know about because he/she has not ever heard of Amaca, and I have not either. He/She thought, as did I, that you may have made a typo and been referring to AMCAS, which is the general application to medical schools run by the AAMC. If you actually meant that you had seen something called Amaca referenced on this forum, many of us have never heard of it and cannot help you.Excuse if I chose not to phrase it in a question pal.
I don't think he/she was trying to call you out for your sentence structure. He/She was just trying to understand what acronym you want to know about because he/she has not ever heard of Amaca, and I have not either. He/She thought, as did I, that you may have made a typo and been referring to AMCAS, which is the general application to medical schools run by the AAMC. If you actually meant that you had seen something called Amaca referenced on this forum, many of us have never heard of it and cannot help you.
That.
BTW, I am a she.
Thank you. I felt as if she could have worded it a bit nicer. That's all.
Basic ones:
II= interview invite
OOS- Out of State
IS- In state
I think those are the most common, but if you have any others then just ask.
Thank you very much. I have been so confused on the forum. I will ask from now on. [emoji3]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you. I felt as if she could have worded it a bit nicer. That's all.
I said "please." I was merely looking for context.
II= interview invite
OOS- Out of State
IS- In state
LOR: letter of recommendation
adcom: admissions committee
AAMC: Association of American Medical Colleges
AMCAS: American Medical Colleges Application Service
MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test
OOS- Out of State
IS- In state
LOR: letter of recommendation
adcom: admissions committee
AAMC: Association of American Medical Colleges
AMCAS: American Medical Colleges Application Service
MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test
H
HCHopeful
This smells fishy.
Thank you. I felt as if she could have worded it a bit nicer. That's all.
Make post asking for help figuring out what google-able acronyms mean.
Post example of acronym that no one has heard of.
Immediately become defensive and condescending when asked whether example was a typo.
Still don't clarify whether example was a typo or not, refuse to use it in a sentence or provide context.
II= interview invite
OOS- Out of State
IS- In state
LOR: letter of recommendation
adcom: admissions committee
AAMC: Association of American Medical Colleges
AMCAS: American Medical Colleges Application Service
MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test
Thank you. I just wasn't sure what it was called. Question- Can a person apply to both a DO and MD program at the same time or no? My advisor told me to choose one or the other. I believe she is incorrect about this. BTW if you came to mock/bully someone please don't. I don't play well with computer thugs or matter of fact passive aggressive people.
Apologies for the derail, but I would like to tack on a question. I was playing around on SDN once and I came across a great long list of smilies and how to make them. I have been searching for that page for a while now (literally using the search function) and I cannot seem to find them. Can someone post a link please? I want to use smilies . . .
😕
Thank you. I just wasn't sure what it was called. Question- Can a person apply to both a DO and MD program at the same time or no? My advisor told me to choose one or the other. I believe she is incorrect about this.
Yes you may. There are two separate application services--AMCAS for MD and AACOMAS for DO. Your adviser is mistaken.
I'm an idiot. 😳 I figured out two ways of doing it. Though I still don't know where that page is on SDN.
D
deleted393595
Is there a place where I can find this list of acronyms? I notice a lot of them are used here.
Like Amaca.
Here's one: DFTT = Don't Feed the Troll
Btw, 1/10
Though I still don't know where that page is on SDN.


Yes you may. There are two separate application services--AMCAS for MD and AACOMAS for DO. Your adviser is mistaken.
I'm an idiot. 😳 I figured out two ways of doing it. Though I still don't know where that page is on SDN.
Thank you, I believed she was mistaken but I too wasn't sure.
Click on the smiley face on the toolbar above the comment box and a huge number of emojis will come up.Thanks for the help!

Click on the smiley face on the toolbar above the comment box and a huge number of emojis will come up.
It only took me over a year of being on SDN, but I just found that button today. Thank you LizzyM.
And now an alien . . . just because I can 👽
D
deleted393595
And now an alien . . . just because I can 👽
Now just don't let Donald Trump find out about you 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 46
- Views
- 15K