please accept your offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dat2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to you all with offers. I am really really glad for you all. Would you please accept so the schools know how many they have from the 1st batch (you guys) and can offer interviews to those of us with none?!!! :)Thanks and enjoy the day. You deserve it!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah. its actually better for us with no interviews, if they all said thanks but no thanks and decided to go to med school or join the peace corps

The schools would then have to go through and find another set. If I'm not in that set if interview and offer, I'd like it all of those people to say the same thing.

Repeat until I get an offer. :D

Don't rush people to make decisions. I'm pretty sure most people are being considerate, but need some time to mull over one of the biggest decisions they've ever made. Just like people who are accepted need to be respectful of you, you have to realize that the decision isn't just going to be made at the drop of a hat.

Don't rush people to make decisions. I'm pretty sure most people are being considerate, but need some time to mull over one of the biggest decisions they've ever made. Just like people who are accepted need to be respectful of you, you have to realize that the decision isn't just going to be made at the drop of a hat.

lol i dont think a thread will rush anyone... people are gonna take their time.

People can/and will put multiple deposits. If i have to guess no more than 2. But after 30 days, if people dont accept their acceptances, they will be put back into the pool again. :)

Last edited:
lolol no worries...i know that if i were in any of ure positions i would hope for the same. i cancelled all of my post december interviews/accepted an offer with hope that they will be extended invites to those who haven't received any...i wish u all the best!

I did not imply anyone should hurry. Of course its an important decision but if you already know you want the school so bad like many were swearing before they got their offers, then go ahead and just accept. You applied, interviewed at and visited the school:);it only shows maturity that you can make up your mind.
Maygyver,I did not disreespect anyone and I am not rushing anyone.
Peanutb123, no thread is pointlesss.
Duodenum, thanks for understanding the point of this thread!!!:thumbup:

I got into my top choice but should i put down more than one deposit "just in case"?

Congrats JBieber, I am glad for you that you got into your top choice and I mean that. But why would you want to hog up a space at another schol? Just in case what happens? they close your top school?:) C'mon !!!!

I got into my top choice but should i put down more than one deposit "just in case"?

I was thinking the same thing, but my top school deposit is $200, while my second choice is $1,500...im thinking no lol

LOOOL, "Just in Case" of What ??

Your top schools closes down in the next 8 month !!

DAT2010

Your request is a very logical and ethical one but maybe 20% of people will hear do it. I think 80% will put deposits in more than 1 school ( Hence I think this is why the Dental offices should raise their deposits significantly to avoid that).

So Don't worry about wht others are doing and just hope you get a call from your Fav school.

Best of Luck

I did not imply anyone should hurry. Of course its an important decision but if you already know you want the school so bad like many were swearing before they got their offers, then go ahead and just accept. You applied, interviewed at and visited the school:);it only shows maturity that you can make up your mind.
Maygyver,I did not disreespect anyone and I am not rushing anyone.
Peanutb123, no thread is pointlesss.
Duodenum, thanks for understanding the point of this thread!!!:thumbup:

My mad it was my mistake. I didnt mean to say that this thread is pointless. anyways thinking about it i would want the same thing to happen.

Good luck my friend.

Every year there are threads like these. "Please hurry up with your decisions so other people have a chance." Be considerate and don't add unecessary pressures to rush other people with one of the biggest decisions they have to make. They earned their rights to take some of their times. Of course, same goes to the people who got in. If you have no interest in attending some schools, it is probably better to decline your offers ASAP. What really ticked me off is some people I knew didn't bother to call the schools they still have interviews at to cancel their interviews. Now those are spots that really gone down the drain to waste.

People are already being interviewed for the Post Dec interviews regardless of when they put down their deposits. No one is going to put down deposits to ALL the schools they got in. Maybe 2 schools by the time the deadline has approached. However, I highly doubt anyone would waste their money doing so unless it's really a significant life changing decisions they have to make.
I am probably going to be attacked by a few of you by making that statement, still.............. just be patient and good luck with your applications.

Last edited:

Just in case for what??? Once you got in, unless the school found out some of the dirty little secrets the applicants wasn't being honest about, or if the applicants start getting Ds or even Cs. They will take you no matter what.