Please advice me on my application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jack-Kennedy35

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

@Goro you’ve been so helpful to me the past few years, so I will value your advice a lot. Other prospective applicants please advice me as well, because I am very lost at the moment.

I graduated UCLA in 2019 with a 3.83 GPA and have since been working as a CRC. I have multiple publications and posters and have abundance of clinical and community service experience. I have shadowed a DO physician as well ( I have a letter too).

I am planning to take my MCAT either late August or early September (-10th or so) this year. I would not like to waste another year of my life, and am just interested in being a physician so that’s all I care about at this point.

Can someone please tell me when I should submit my primary app for verification considering that my MCAT score will come back in late September or early October?

Will this timeline be okay for me to have a good shot at DO schools (except the state ones for different reasons)?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was just accepted this cycle with a much lower GPA (albeit a high MCAT) and only a MD letter of rec, along with solid EC's. I got 4 II and 3 acceptances to DO schools and I began applying from the end of October until mid December. Based on my experience this cycle, I think applying early will definitely help getting into the original 5 DO schools (DMU, ATSU-K, etc) but applying before Thanksgiving like Goro said will definitely not be too late for most schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just accepted this cycle with a much lower GPA (albeit a high MCAT) and only a MD letter of rec, along with solid EC's. I got 4 II and 3 acceptances to DO schools and I began applying from the end of October until mid December. Based on my experience this cycle, I think applying early will definitely help getting into the original 5 DO schools (DMU, ATSU-K, etc) but applying before Thanksgiving like Goro said will definitely not be too late for most schools.
How many DO schools did you apply to overall?

I would suggest apply NOW and add one throw away school where you don't want to go that way your application is verified. Once your MCAT score comes back add that and add more schools. All the best!!!