Please advice needed, nyu or uk?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pm8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i got accepted to uk (where i did my undergrad) and nyu. But im not sure where to go. Im oos so there isnt much difference in tuition, although a difference in living costs.

I guess it will be great living in a new place like ny, which is a lot diff to kentucky. But i heard somewhere that nyu is one of the easiest dental schools to get into (im not sure if thats really a bad thing or not) and there are so many students whereas uk is like 65(?)

Can you give any advice which school? - like professors, research, graduation rate, etc.??

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, i got accepted to uk (where i did my undergrad) and nyu. But im not sure where to go. Im oos so there isnt much difference in tuition, although a difference in living costs.

I guess it will be great living in a new place like ny, which is a lot diff to kentucky. But i heard somewhere that nyu is one of the easiest dental schools to get into (im not sure if thats really a bad thing or not) and there are so many students whereas uk is like 65(?)

Can you give any advice which school? - like professors, research, graduation rate, etc.??

Thanks

Dude theres a reason why NYU is a backup school for most people--> Living $$$$

Apples and oranges. These are completely different schools and only you know where you'll be happiest.

NYU tends to be a backup school because of how expensive it is. But believe me, there are plenty of smart people there -- students and faculty.

Members don't see this ad :)
I love nyu! just got accepted, and I think I'm gona drop my post-dec interview with UK...btw i live in nyc so living expense is somewhat covered

I'm going to UK and I did some undergrad there as well. :) Cost of living is definitely a factor in the choice. Kentucky is going to be much cheaper which likely means smaller loans for you in the long run. I also know that their student to faculty ratio is somewhere near 1 : 2.5 which is nice. The school really works to provide a very friendly atmosphere between faculty and students (to make you feel like you're all colleagues rather than being "below" the faculty. Ultimately it's your choice but I'd check out each school's website to get more stats and see which you think is closest to what you hope to experience. :) Good luck!