Please advise on what to do in this situation regarding no open class.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swolebrah

sup
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
UPDATE2:
-emailed all professors who had ochem lab and got a different professor to sign my time conflict form who wasnt a huge dick
-advisor didn't know it was a different professor

-got the job done.

DONT GIVE UP . There were a lot of peers I know who gave up after their class was full, and now have to spend extra summer or year taking the class.
UPDATE:

-Went to professor and stood outside before morning class and got special permission from the prof
-Go to advisor to get it set, advisor says I have a time conflict with my ochem II Lab (15 minutes)
-Go back to bio 2 prof to get signature of time conflict approval, she says yess
-Go to my ochem Lab 2 lab prof , and says no to time conflict
-Email all possible lab prof about being able to join in, all say its a safety hazard and can't
-Only option I have left is to find someone who can trade my lab section with theres so I dont have a time conflict with the Bio II class I got special permission from even though its full

-feelsobadman.jpg...spent all morning and afternoon running and standing in lines and getting signatures all ending in a No from a professor who wont allow me to leave his ochem lab 15 minutes early when its 3hours and 45 mintues long and never takes more then 2 hours....

-did everything I could, going tommorow to advisor again in the morning to see what my other options are
Sometimes In life you can try your best, and your best is just not good enough.
:(.

/edit.

PLEASE HELP :(((

I had my registration for classes today at 1:30 via online system the school uses.

I had all my to be registed classes in my "cart" which included:
  • Ochem II and Lab
  • Bio II and Workshop
  • Government 2
  • Some Elective
As soon as 1:30 hits I go to register for my classes and all the classes for Bio 2 are full. This creates a huge dilemma since I need to take Bio 2 before the summer since I will begin my MCAT Prep during those months and take the MCAT before it changes.

Should I go to my advisor and talk to them? I just happened to have the luck of having such a late registration timing that only 2 class lectures of Bio 2 are closed :(.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Constantly refresh especially on days when a tuition installment is due

Talking to my advisor always helped me - especially when it involved intro core classes I needed to complete my degree. Granted you're in a major requiring Bio II, you shouldn't have a problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
At my university, you could get signed into a class if you asked the professor in person. Does your school have a similar policy?
I am not sure. I will go to the adviser tomorrow after my Physics 2 exam.

Yes I am a Biology major. Has anyone ever had any issues with this before?

OP even you are not able to take bio 2 it would not very negatively effect your MCAT. In my experience the curriculum of a biology class doesn't really prepare you for the MCAT biology section. I wouldn't worry about it Be diligent about MCAT studying and you will be fine.

OP even you are not able to take bio 2 it would not very negatively effect your MCAT. In my experience the curriculum of a biology class doesn't really prepare you for the MCAT biology section. I wouldn't worry about it Be diligent about MCAT studying and you will be fine.
Thanks man. I'm working my ass off right now to get an A+ in ochem and electricity and magnetism , and this dilemma really got me worried. Appreciate the answers guys.

PLEASE HELP :(((

I had my registration for classes today at 1:30 via online system the school uses.

I had all my to be registed classes in my "cart" which included:
  • Ochem II and Lab
  • Bio II and Workshop
  • Government 2
  • Some Elective
As soon as 1:30 hits I go to register for my classes and all the classes for Bio 2 are full. This creates a huge dilemma since I need to take Bio 2 before the summer since I will begin my MCAT Prep during those months and take the MCAT before it changes.

Should I go to my advisor and talk to them? I just happened to have the luck of having such a late registration timing that only 2 class lectures of Bio 2 are closed :(.

Do talk to your adviser and also to the professor. Explain that you really need and want to take the class and ask if you can sit in on the lectures and join the class officially when/if someone else drops. I'm betting s/he'll let you in anyway.

During ugrad, I've been able to sneak into a class by e-mailing a professor. Sometimes they have a waitlist as people drop out. If you plead your case, your professor may try to help you out.

During ugrad, I've been able to sneak into a class by e-mailing a professor. Sometimes they have a waitlist as people drop out. If you plead your case, your professor may try to help you out.

Do talk to your adviser and also to the professor. Explain that you really need and want to take the class and ask if you can sit in on the lectures and join the class officially when/if someone else drops. I'm betting s/he'll let you in anyway.

Thank You guys. Going to see adviser tomorrow, if she doesn't work things out , I'm going to go talk to the professor personally. So much hassle for something so small.

updated my first post to show results. tried everything you guys said and some dick head professor said no to a simple time conflict request.

updated my first post to show results. tried everything you guys said and some dick head professor said no to a simple time conflict request.

Didn't see your state before - sorry... Let me guess - You're at a large public university. The kind you can't really get through in just four years because you can't get the classes you need to graduate. Not really so cheap anymore, is it? (Frustration speaking - no snark directed towards you, OP)

I would just keep checking the enrollment everyday even after school starts. What I did once was to sign up for any open section in lab even though I couldn't make it and waited until people drop out in the first couple of days for the lab section I wanted. Most classes will have people drop or be willing to switch sections-I also went to a large public university and this was pretty common. Keep trying!

Didn't see your state before - sorry... Let me guess - You're at a large public university. The kind you can't really get through in just four years because you can't get the classes you need to graduate. Not really so cheap anymore, is it? (Frustration speaking - no snark directed towards you, OP)
your absolutely right. Trust me I would go to a private school if I could afford it :(

I would just keep checking the enrollment everyday even after school starts. What I did once was to sign up for any open section in lab even though I couldn't make it and waited until people drop out in the first couple of days for the lab section I wanted. Most classes will have people drop or be willing to switch sections-I also went to a large public university and this was pretty common. Keep trying!
Thanks! I actually went and talked to a different ochem lab professor who has the same ochem lab but different section and got him to sign my time conflict form. My advisor didn't know the difference since its the same class just different proffesor. I'm glad it worked out.

Reactions: 1 user