please be very honest...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentist2be

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I wrote the 8/19 DAT and was kind of hesitating whether or not to put up my scores here, because I was afraid of what I am going to hear from you. But, I am posting them up anyways. Here are my scores.

PAT 20
QR 20
RC 16
Biology 18
Chem 20
OChem 17
TS 19
AA 18

Moreover, my GPA is really low as well, like 2.9.
I have applied for Boston, NYU, Temple and Tufts. Do you think I have a chance??

Any advices/suggestions will be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Dentist2be said:
Hi guys,
I wrote the 8/19 DAT and was kind of hesitating whether or not to put up my scores here, because I was afraid of what I am going to hear from you. But, I am posting them up anyways. Here are my scores.

PAT 20
QR 20
RC 16
Biology 18
Chem 20
OChem 17
TS 19
AA 18

Moreover, my GPA is really low as well, like 2.9.
I have applied for Boston, NYU, Temple and Tufts. Do you think I have a chance??

Any advices/suggestions will be appreciated!

Hmm, how were you scoring on topscore PAT, RC, and Organic CHem? Although your DAT score is not bad. Your GPA requires a higher DAT score to justify an acceptance. So, I think you should retake. Best of luck though.

Richnator said:
Hmm, how were you scoring on topscore PAT, RC, and Organic CHem? Although your DAT score is not bad. Your GPA requires a higher DAT score to justify an acceptance. So, I think you should retake. Best of luck though.

My scores on topscore PAT, RC, amd OChem were 21, 17 and 19 respectively. I thought the real test was supposed to be easier.. :(

Thanks for your input though.

Unfortunately, I agree. I think with that low of a GPA, you will probably have to bump up your DAT a few points here and there.

With your TopScore scores, one would think the scis would be the opposite of what they were. Maybe that test was just a fluke.
Either way, I would say retake.

Good luck. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
did you take each topscore exam more than once?

obviously, if you keep retaking them, you will master the questions they ask and not the material they are testing.

Flipper405 said:
Unfortunately, I agree. I think with that low of a GPA, you will probably have to bump up your DAT a few points here and there.

With your TopScore scores, one would think the scis would be the opposite of what they were. Maybe that test was just a fluke.
Either way, I would say retake.

Good luck. :thumbup:

I've read the Kaplan book twice thoroughly from cover to cover. I made flashcards for bio and Ochem and then went over them everyday for a months.. I don't know how harder to study if I would retake it.. and you need to wait 90 days before retaking it, right?

and yes I repeated the topscore test twice. that's probably my topscore scores were higher.

To be honest, you have a chance, but a less than average one at being accepted. If you do recieve interviews, really wow them...good luck!