Please Decide!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snaggletoof

Have Faith
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, do you think you are going to withdraw from Temple? Really everyone, throw me a bone, please. I'm waitlisted at Temple and hoping you will get into your first choice so that i can get your spot. Or maybe, you are even just undecided and holding a seat at two schools. That's cool but Temple is basically my only hope and I'm sure I'm not alone on this. BEGGING, please withdraw if you're not going to Temple. Give me feedback, so I can keep the faith!! :smack:

Members don't see this ad.

ok, so 86 people looked at this post, doesn't anyone have anything to say? :)

i wish you all the best, i wish i could help:oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely rooting for you! You may have already done this, but did you check last year's acceptance thread to see when people saw any movement. Good luck, hope to see you there!

I wish I had an acceptance in Temple to decline for you :)

Dude calm down.
So, do you think you are going to withdraw from Temple? Really everyone, throw me a bone, please. I'm waitlisted at Temple and hoping you will get into your first choice so that i can get your spot. Or maybe, you are even just undecided and holding a seat at two schools. That's cool but Temple is basically my only hope and I'm sure I'm not alone on this. BEGGING, please withdraw if you're not going to Temple. Give me feedback, so I can keep the faith!! :smack:

I am 99.99% sure I will be withdrawing . . .

Dude calm down.

enamelion, dude, its a really tough position to be in. im facing having to reapply if i dont hear by may 1. i hate the thought of it. i mean if i have to i will, but it would really suck. i would have to retake the dat because of a 15 QR. i had decent scores on everything else, 19, 20 21 blah blah blah. 3.4 gpa and 4.0 science post-bac. i also didnt have my app complete until the middle of october. but feel my pain, what if i do worse on the dat this time. plus i will have to quit my job, move home again and study for 3 months. you're in, somewhere. :barf:

I know its a tough situation for you and hope you get into Temple but what are you actually going to accomplish by worrying and trying to rush other people to make a decision? If for some reason you arent accepted this cycle, you can improve your application by retaking on the DAT and by applying earlier.
enamelion, dude, its a really tough position to be in. im facing having to reapply if i dont hear by may 1. i hate the thought of it. i mean if i have to i will, but it would really suck. i would have to retake the dat because of a 15 QR. i had decent scores on everything else, 19, 20 21 blah blah blah. 3.4 gpa and 4.0 science post-bac. i also didnt have my app complete until the middle of october. but feel my pain, what if i do worse on the dat this time. plus i will have to quit my job, move home again and study for 3 months. you're in, somewhere. :barf:

I was accepted by in mid-January, and declined in early February. My AADSAS never changed from received/under review to offer made though.. On Wednesday I received another acceptance letter from them, with new dates for when the deposit was due, and this time AADSAS updated to offer made! Anyways, I e-mailed them this morning and declined a second time. Not going to lie, I'm totally flattered to have been accepted into their program twice! So, there might or might not be a spot open soon? Best of luck! :)

I was accepted by in mid-January, and declined in early February. My AADSAS never changed from received/under review to offer made though.. On Wednesday I received another acceptance letter from them, with new dates for when the deposit was due, and this time AADSAS updated to offer made! Anyways, I e-mailed them this morning and declined a second time. Not going to lie, I'm totally flattered to have been accepted into their program twice! So, there might or might not be a spot open soon? Best of luck! :)

i love you hsk. :love: :claps:

Not to hijack your thread... but can people who are not going to attend the following schools please withdraw as soon as possible: UCLA, Western, Pitt, BU and UNLV :)

Thanks, that'll help me and few others who are on the waiting lists for these schools.

Not to hijack your thread... but can people who are not going to attend the following schools please withdraw as soon as possible: UCLA, Western, Pitt, BU and UNLV :)

Thanks, that'll help me and few others who are on the waiting lists for these schools.

yes caldent, you can hijack my thread! Perfect, good luck!!! :highfive:

at least he's honestly trying to get people to get off their acceptances.

You're right. There are people out there that post bs comments about schools, hoping that students would withdraw because of the negative things. I think there was one predental dude who wrote very negative stuff about Detroit Mercy, and in the end he got in. I don't know if because students read his comments, and decide to withdraw their acceptances. However, his intention is just plain dishonest. It shows that there are certainly people out there that would do whatever it takes to achieve their goals, even doing less than honest deeds. Instead of worrying, maybe you should write a letter to Detroit, showing extra stuff that you did, to improve your chance, and also to show them you are highly interested in their school. Good luck snaggletoof. If this meant to be your year, then it is. If not, then it's not.

at least he's honestly trying to get people to get off their acceptances.

There are plenty of people who are in this same situation, albeit not with the same exact scores but very similar - myself included (MWU being my last hope this cycle and would have to gear up for a THIRD cycle if this doesn't fall through).

I second the CALM DOWN motion. Whatever happens will happen, people aren't gonna withdraw b/c they see this thread.

P.S. if anyone is planning to withdraw from Midwestern... i love you :love:

I feel your situation as well. I am waiting to hear something from Marquette of an opening, however just prepare to re-apply and spend time calling schools and getting materials together. I have found if passes the time quicker and also prepares you for what is to come. Good luck and stay positive!

snaggletoof, how old are you? if you're still in college, or fresh out, i wouldn't stress. maybe it would be good take a year off, or two. just trying to put a positive spin on things. nevertheless, good luck!

snaggletoof, how old are you? if you're still in college, or fresh out, i wouldn't stress. maybe it would be good take a year off, or two. just trying to put a positive spin on things. nevertheless, good luck!

turrrtle, i am 26, this is the reason i am so stressed. even thought thats not old, i am older than most candidates. i am in a different position than those of you who are 22+. i had a great job that i had to quit last year to go home and study for the dat, and will have the same issue this year. sucks. i did a post bach after undergrad for 18 months, then i took some time off, worked for a year or so, before applying this cycle. i just did it too late. im pretty sure i would have gotten more interviews if i had applied earlier. ce la vie. +pity+