PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS MESSAGE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InsightingNeuro

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Would volunteering as an academic mentor weekly for over 2 years not be considered service-oriented? What would you recommend I do going forward if I'm looking to apply this cycle?
Academic mentoring and tutoring belong in a different category, and so many premeds do mentoring or tutoring that it won't make you stand out. You need to get off campus and out of your comfort zone, serve with those not like you to help those in distress. Food distribution, shelter volunteer, job/tax preparation, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation are expected for service orientation.

Reactions: 1 users
Major: [/
Hi everyone, I’m applying this upcoming cycle to ~25 schools. I’d greatly appreciate some input on my school list and ECs. I understand not having an MCAT score makes this difficult, so any advice is appreciated. If you have any questions feel free to reach out!

Come back when you get an MCAT score and then we can advise properly. We don't do well with hypotheticals

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user