Oct 14, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I am in my senior year, and I do not have any plans for after graduation as of now. I'd like to apply to dental school this summer, but I am not sure if I should. Would it be better to get a master's degree before applying?
GPA (with summer classes): 3.33
Science GPA: 3.07
BCP GPA: 3.04
DAT: planning to take this summer
Major: biology
Asian, "top 20 school" by USNews, research for credit, officer of clubs, 80 hours of shadowing

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
I would recomend to take post bach sience courses while apply to dental school. You can apply to dental school in summer with 3.3 GPA but make sure you do well on your DAT, at least 18-19. However, continued shadowing and volunteer. Good luck

Reactions: Prehealth92
May 8, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Because your sGPA isn't under a 3.0, I'd recommend post-bacc classes as well. Destroy the DAT and you should be all set.

Reactions: Prehealth92

derbear

2+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2014
True North
Status
Dental Student
I have a 3.2ish GPA with a 3.08 BCP. I got a 22AA and 22TS and I currently have 7 interviews. I am not URM and just finished my undergrad...as well, I am Canadian. Focus on your ECs and PS...I believe that is what solidified my app.

derbear

2+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2014
True North
Status
Dental Student
The majority of people told me to look into a post-bacc too...so I am just letting you know that a post-bacc isn't always necessary if you know how to sell yourself.

OP
P
Oct 14, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
The majority of people told me to look into a post-bacc too...so I am just letting you know that a post-bacc isn't always necessary if you know how to sell yourself.
Thank you for your advice! Your DAT score is very impressive