Please give me advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prehealth92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in my senior year, and I do not have any plans for after graduation as of now. I'd like to apply to dental school this summer, but I am not sure if I should. Would it be better to get a master's degree before applying?
GPA (with summer classes): 3.33
Science GPA: 3.07
BCP GPA: 3.04
DAT: planning to take this summer
Major: biology
Asian, "top 20 school" by USNews, research for credit, officer of clubs, 80 hours of shadowing

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would recomend to take post bach sience courses while apply to dental school. You can apply to dental school in summer with 3.3 GPA but make sure you do well on your DAT, at least 18-19. However, continued shadowing and volunteer. Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Because your sGPA isn't under a 3.0, I'd recommend post-bacc classes as well. Destroy the DAT and you should be all set.

Members don't see this ad :)
You really need to do well on the DAT to offset your GPA.

I have a 3.2ish GPA with a 3.08 BCP. I got a 22AA and 22TS and I currently have 7 interviews. I am not URM and just finished my undergrad...as well, I am Canadian. Focus on your ECs and PS...I believe that is what solidified my app.

Reactions: 1 users
The majority of people told me to look into a post-bacc too...so I am just letting you know that a post-bacc isn't always necessary if you know how to sell yourself.

The majority of people told me to look into a post-bacc too...so I am just letting you know that a post-bacc isn't always necessary if you know how to sell yourself.
Thank you for your advice! Your DAT score is very impressive