Glimmer1991

5+ Year Member
May 5, 2012
NC
Status
Dental Student
If you have the money, people do it. Especially in your situation, I understand how it would make sense. It might not be the absolute *nicest* thing to do since you are holding a spot they might offer to someone else, but hey, you will be giving up that spot eventually--and then they can offer it to someone else. I really don't think it is a bad thing to do. You've worked hard to get where you are.

Your English, at least from what I am reading here, is quite good. Better than a lot of native English speakers I see posting, LOL! I hope you won't have as much trouble as you are thinking you might.

Reactions: Ziggy862
OP
H
Oct 28, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi Glimmer1991,

Thank you for the reply! I called the aadsas people but they had no idea so I was very confused and decided to post my problem on here. I am still deciding whether I should waste the money and take someone else's spot or not. I just wasn't sure if it is something alright to do or not.

BlueDevil2012

5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi Glimmer1991,

Thank you for the reply! I called the aadsas people but they had no idea so I was very confused and decided to post my problem on here. I am still deciding whether I should waste the money and take someone else's spot or not. I just wasn't sure if it is something alright to do or not.
I have seen ppl in previous cycles do the same thing that's why AADSAS has the April 1st deadline... I'm placing a deposit at my state school as well as my number #1 choice which is oos. My final decision will be based on whether or not I receive the HPSP scholarship which I won't hear back until Feb at the earliest.

OP
H
Oct 28, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Thank you BlueDevil2012. Its nice to see I am not the only one with this situation. When you accept multiple offers, how do you tell the one school your not attending with them. Do you just call them or is there paperwork to fill out and mail to them? .. just wondering for the future if I do accept multiple offers. Thanks!

May 25, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
If you have the money, people do it. Especially in your situation, I understand how it would make sense. It might not be the absolute *nicest* thing to do since you are holding a spot they might offer to someone else, but hey, you will be giving up that spot eventually--and then they can offer it to someone else. I really don't think it is a bad thing to do. You've worked hard to get where you are.

Your English, at least from what I am reading here, is quite good. Better than a lot of native English speakers I see posting, LOL! I hope you won't have as much trouble as you are thinking you might.
When you do this, if the school asks should you tell them you put in multiple deposits?