1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Please help answer my question of taking summer classes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Maryann462, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Maryann462

7+ Year Member

Hello, this is my first time posting. I looked through some pages of posts and didnt see my question already asked, well at least not exactly. I currently go to the University of Michigan(Ann Arbor) and I was wondering would it look bad if I take a couple of med school prereqs at a 4 year college close to home during summer. Grand Valley State University is a lot closer to me and cheaper. I dont know if it looks bad if I take a couple of classes there instead of UofM. I know if I take them there, the grade wont transfer but I will still get credit. Does it matter if the grade doesnt transfer, because wont the Med School Admissions board still see the letter grade on my transcript from that school?

PLease any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cliffhuxtableDO

cliffhuxtableDO Hand sanitizer on deck
    5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Yeah, as long as you have the pre-reqs and its not from a community college I'd say you're fine.

4. Mobius1985

7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    There is no problem at all with this plan. You are correct that AMCAS will put all your grades on your primary application, from every school you've attended, so it doesn't matter if school #1 accepts the grades from school #2, or not (unless it's a requirement for you to graduate).

5. Rzarecta

Rzarecta Premed 2: Electric Bugalo
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

By couple do you literally mean two? I think that would be fine, but I wouldn't take much more than that unless you have a compelling reason to have done so.