Please help answer my question of taking summer classes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maryann462

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tttt

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yeah, as long as you have the pre-reqs and its not from a community college I'd say you're fine.

I was wondering would it look bad if I take a couple of med school prereqs at a 4 year college close to home during summer.

There is no problem at all with this plan. You are correct that AMCAS will put all your grades on your primary application, from every school you've attended, so it doesn't matter if school #1 accepts the grades from school #2, or not (unless it's a requirement for you to graduate).

Hello, this is my first time posting. I looked through some pages of posts and didnt see my question already asked, well at least not exactly. I currently go to the University of Michigan(Ann Arbor) and I was wondering would it look bad if I take a couple of med school prereqs at a 4 year college close to home during summer. Grand Valley State University is a lot closer to me and cheaper. I dont know if it looks bad if I take a couple of classes there instead of UofM. I know if I take them there, the grade wont transfer but I will still get credit. Does it matter if the grade doesnt transfer, because wont the Med School Admissions board still see the letter grade on my transcript from that school?

PLease any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

By couple do you literally mean two? I think that would be fine, but I wouldn't take much more than that unless you have a compelling reason to have done so.