Please help! Dentpin name issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jenna2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Dentpin Profile represents my name correctly, First, Middle 1 Middle 2, Last name. So, for example my name would be:
FIRST: Jane
MIDDLE: Sarah Marry
LAST: Johnson

I have two middle names. Prometric requires Ada to submit testers' names in the format of: First, Middle initial, Last. In order for me to be able to take the exam, Ada put my name as follows:
First: Jane Sarah
Middle: M
Last: Johnson

Since that is not my legal name and it does not match up with the information on my dentpin, am I going to have serious problems while applying to dental school? Will my scores not match up to my dentpin profile even though my dentpin ID is the same for the profile and for the test?

Has anyone else had this problem? Ada is being very rude and unhelpful. I have no clue who to talk to or what to do.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm sure a call to the dental schools you're applying to would clear this up right away, don't worry too much about it. NYU couldn't find my DAT scores for 3 weeks because they didn't put a space in my last name, solved the problem in 5 minutes on the phone.

My Dentpin Profile represents my name correctly, First, Middle 1 Middle 2, Last name. So, for example my name would be:
FIRST: Jane
MIDDLE: Sarah Marry
LAST: Johnson

I have two middle names. Prometric requires Ada to submit testers' names in the format of: First, Middle initial, Last. In order for me to be able to take the exam, Ada put my name as follows:
First: Jane Sarah
Middle: M
Last: Johnson

Since that is not my legal name and it does not match up with the information on my dentpin, am I going to have serious problems while applying to dental school? Will my scores not match up to my dentpin profile even though my dentpin ID is the same for the profile and for the test?

Has anyone else had this problem? Ada is being very rude and unhelpful. I have no clue who to talk to or what to do.

Ada has been very helpful when i called them... anyways so you will not have that much problem but if I were you when i apply call schools to check the status of you applications if its complete or not.

so you app, dat scores, etc... are all probably Identified by 2 things. social & last name & first name(just to make sure its you who's applying). b/c combination of them are very unique. you should not have problems w/ silly adopted middle names. hope this helps good luck :smuggrin:

Thank you both for your replies. I called aadsas and they said it won't be a problem with the application. I will call the schools when I send out my applications though, just to be sure.