please help design the rest of my two years...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fourstar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm a biology major and so far i've taken chem 1 and 2 with labs, bio 1 and 2, physics 1, calculus 1, gen-ed courses

I still need to finish some gen-ed requirements and possibly retake chem 1 and bio 1 later on since I got C's in both of them.

I haven't taken school seriously like most people do.. that's why my gpa is 2.8 right now.

My summer is open to take classes, and four more semesters.... can someone help me out?

I'm planning on staying in school an extra year to retake any class below a B and most likely go do a masters before applying to med schools.

thanks

btw, im entering my junior year in the fall.

p.s. if you can break it down into sections for instance.

summer after sophomore year-

Junior year fall-

junior year spring-

summer after junior year -

etc. that would be so helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

fourstar said:
i'm a biology major and so far i've taken chem 1 and 2 with labs, bio 1 and 2, physics 1, calculus 1, gen-ed courses

I still need to finish some gen-ed requirements and possibly retake chem 1 and bio 1 later on since I got C's in both of them.

I haven't taken school seriously like most people do.. that's why my gpa is 2.8 right now.

My summer is open to take classes, and four more semesters.... can someone help me out?

I'm planning on staying in school an extra year to retake any class below a B and most likely go do a masters before applying to med schools.

thanks

btw, im entering my junior year in the fall.

p.s. if you can break it down into sections for instance.

summer after sophomore year-

Junior year fall-

junior year spring-

summer after junior year -

etc. that would be so helpful.

you want us to organize the next 16-20 classes you take? Can you also tell us what school you go to so we can look up the specific bio requirements at that school. Seriously, that's what your advisor is for :)

But anyways, what you need to do is relax. Have a beer and just chill for awhile. It's not looking like you are going to get into medical school- you are making C's, have a C gpa, and don't seem to have much direction as far as what classes you are even going to take(organic perhaps???). Come to terms with that and find something you like. Life is too short to be worrying about things you really shouldn't even be worrying about(in your case getting into medical school)

i think it's important to evaluate the "not taking school seriously" as an excuse for a low GPA .. there are people who do take school seriously, but just cannot handle the material .. and there are people who start making straight A's when they begin to focus .. if you're the latter, there's hope .. quite honestly, i always think there's hope for people who vigorously persevere .. i know of people who started out with even lower GPAs than yours, but kept up with high marks the years following .. for them, it may have taken a few extra years to boost the GPA and their application, but they're at exceptional schools now .. you do need to go to an advisor when it comes to your classes .. what matters is that you do well in them ..

i also know of a university that lets you retake classes and erases your first score from the transcript upon request ... you'd be lucky to have that option as well..

anyway, i'd like to help you in any way i can .. private message me if you want.

mentoz said:
i also know of a university that lets you retake classes and erases your first score from the transcript upon request ... you'd be lucky to have that option as well..
Good advice. The only thing I'd like to add about retaking classes is you need to include both grades on the AMCAS. Your school GPA will probably be higher than your AMCAS in that respect, but at least it doesn't hurt your chances at honors or cum laude or whatever. You can definitely bring that GPA up in 2 years. 3 years if you want it even higher. :)