Please Help! Gold Standard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ada2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to purchase the AAMC exams and also the Gold-Standard for my upcoming exam in January and I wanted know whether buying 10 Gold-Standard will be a good idea.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you'll use them, buy them. They're apparently tougher than AAMCs and the real MCAT, (I've taken only one, but would agree with this) but the format is the same and the passages/questions test you in the same way the real MCAT will. Basically they're great practice - don't be discouraged at a lower than normal mark.

that's 20 practice tests (10 aamc + 10 gs cbts). if you an do all of them, then i say go for it. i wouldn't recommend taking them more frequently than 1 test per week though. if you don't have the time, i would do all the aamc's instead.

can anyone comment as to how accurate or representative these are to aamc. harder..easier...right on par? thanks

Poorly worded questions, but maybe equal difficulty, with short passages. The ridiculously steep curve is what gets you though.

I think i usually scored around 28 with my high being a 31 on the GS tests. On AAMC I scored around 35 with a high of 37.