please help - I am trying to plan my wedding!

Started by dselig
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dselig

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am third year at Temple who hopes to match into PM&R next year. I recently got engaged and am being hounded to find out when most intern years start. I graduate on May 20th 2005 and would like to get married on June 5th or June 12th. Did anyone start their intern year before June 20th? I am hoping to match in the NE, so anyone who did their intern year in the NE could really help me out.

Sorry for the unusual post, but I thought you guys would be the best help.

Thanks,

Dan
 
Interns are supposed to start July 1st, but some programs have interns starting orientation 1-2 weeks before July 1st. If you plan it for late May/early June, I think that you should be fine. I know nothing about PMR residencies specifically, but I know that all residencies operate under the same July 1st schedule.
 
I haven't heard of any internships starting before June 20th so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. Most internships and residencies start on July 1st.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I started earlier this year than most people. Orientation began June 16th (although first official day as an intern wasn't until June 23rd).

Ohmygosh!!! Only 4 more months of internship to go!!!!!!!!🙂


Congrats on your engagement. North Philly is a lovely place to start a famliy😉
 
Either date should be fine, although I would prefer the 5th "just to get it over with."

Dan...dude...*putting my arm around your shoulder as we take a walk down the hallway*...as a man, wedding plans happen to take care of themselves. Let her worry about it; it's not your "problem." Just tell her it's got to be the 5th - no exceptions WHATSOEVER. Be firm. If she throws a fit, let her cry for a few days and then shrug your shoulders and say, "OK, how about the 12th?" Hold this against her for the rest of your life. You're basically getting a free "get of jail card" for nothing. BTW, Congrats!