Please Help I have a Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ODallTheWay

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone

I was wondering, will it affect me if I go to a community college for a short time and then transfer?

Will that affect my chances of getting into SUNY?

Thank you for all answers
 
I did my first two years at a community college, transfered for the last two and looks like I'll be starting this fall. However, I did not apply to SUNY. The pre-professional adviser told me to retake physics, chem, or gen chem at the 4 year level but I didn't and it doesn't seem to hold me back. Just try and do really well at the 4 year U.
 
SUNY is my first choice as well and I've spoke to them about this. I took all my Pre-reqs at a Community College and they were fine with it. THey said that the 4 year colleges look better on an application but that it wasn't a huge concern.