Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Please help! i need some advice.

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by CaliforniaKid, Dec 6, 2008.

1. .

#1 CaliforniaKid, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
  2. calisoca

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    UCD grad here as well. Had a 2.8 after my first year. Graduated as a 5th year: Got 4 interview requests and I'll be attending pharm school in the Fall of '09. Just depends on how much you want it.

Sounds like your first 2 years are slappin' your nut sac. Retake the classes that are holding you down. Do not ever give up. Persistance is the key. Good luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Storm90

Storm90 Accepted Pharmacy Student
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Not to mention some programs offer grade forgiveness and/or will consider your higher grade if you retake a course.

4. Thanks, thats great to know. I've heard of one program in nevada that does that. anyone know of any others? thanks

5. evilolive

evilolive Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    If you have a very high PCAT, Michigan typically takes in people who have other redeeming factors. One of my housemates had one of the lowest entering GPAs with a sub 3.0 - if you can write well and have inspiration to apply, you might consider Michigan. They also are aware of how competitive the UCs are (we have quite the influx from Berkeley/UCLA/the like).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. fenixtnlfan

fenixtnlfan P2 Wildcat
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Definitely repeat the courses and try to raise your GPA. Pharm schools place more emphasis on pre-req courses so doing a masters won't really be helpful. Do really well on the PCAT and the other parts of your app also. I haven't heard of any other programs that do grade forgiveness besides USN, but you could try the search function on the forum.