Please help, Im confused!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acidhouse303

street pharmacist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I am in the worst condition compared to everyone I know and I know I totally suck, but I cant let that get me down I guess.. do you think med schools take into consideration where you went undergrad? my undergrad GPA is really bad, i had a 3.1 (BA microbiology@ Cornell) but I am in graduate school at NYU / MS molecular biology and have a 4.0 now
My MCAT is pretty average and I have a lot of clinical/volunteer experience as well as TAing/ tutoring/ some leadership awards and tons of research (academic, clinical and pharmaceutical) and I might publish this summer :) but it takes foreeever to get into print

Does any one know anyone out there w/ similar stats that got into allopathic schools? i just feel so discouraged right now :(

Do people apply to MD and DO schools at the same time? Is there any disadvantage to applying to both (does it hinder your chances at either?) Thanks for all your help!!!

what do you know about st georges U? your 1st 2 yrs are on grenada then the next 2 are in NY Hospitals... but does that really limit your residency options ? thanks !!!!

Members don't see this ad.

you need to check out some of the forums here. ppl apply to both MD and DO at the same time all the time. you can apply to as many as you want as long as you can handle the task of paying for it and traveling to interviews if called to go. your graduate gpa seems wonderful and I'm sure that is looked upon as a great accomplishment coming from a 3.1. just hang in there, you can do it!! :thumbup: :thumbup: