Please help me choose!! LMU DCOM Master vs. LECOM Master

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueee12

Reaction score
LMU DCOM Master vs. LECOM Master. I am not sure which one to choose. Which program is better and would give me a better chance of getting an acceptance to their DO program?

Members don't see this ad.

Which one is cheaper?
Has the best linkage?
Is the shortest?

IIRC, LECOM just requires you to have a 3.4 GPA in the MS program. If correct, that sounds like a great linkage deal to me.

I can't recommend LMU's DO school, that's for sure.

Reactions: 1 users
LECOM Erie's MMS requires a 3.3 MMS GPA for an interview to the DO program.

LECOM Bradenton's MMS requires a 3.5 GPA for an interview to their DO program.

(I graduated from the Erie MMS program in 2021 and matriculated to the DO program.)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Which one is cheaper?
Has the best linkage?
Is the shortest?

IIRC, LECOM just requires you to have a 3.4 GPA in the MS program. If correct, that sounds like a great linkage deal to me.

I can't recommend LMU's DO school, that's for sure.
why don't you recommend LMU DCOM? I heard good and bad things about it. LMU is in-state for me, so I will be closer to my family and cheaper. LECOM heard great things about it with their rotation sites being better than LMU but it's far from home.

LECOM Erie's MMS requires a 3.3 MMS GPA for an interview to the DO program.

LECOM Bradenton's MMS requires a 3.5 GPA for an interview to their DO program.

(I graduated from the Erie MMS program in 2021 and matriculated to the DO program.)
Can you please tell me more about the LECOM MMS? I got accepted to both campuses. Which one would you recommend? I have noticed people complain about their "strict rules" but I think they are doable. How many students from your MMS got accepted to the DO program?

Can you please tell me more about the LECOM MMS? I got accepted to both campuses. Which one would you recommend? I have noticed people complain about their "strict rules" but I think they are doable. How many students from your MMS got accepted to the DO program?

If there’s something specific you’re curious about, please privately message me.

My MMS class started with around 170 students. We were down to around 90 that came back for the spring semester after receiving fall grades. We lost some more before that semester’s withdraw deadline. And of those who graduated at the end of the year to receive the MMS degree, I believe around 30-40 were offered DO seats. A handful (less than 5, I think) weren’t eligible for DO due to remediating courses and ended up entering various pharmacy programs at both LECOM and other schools.

Hi I just completed the MMS at LECOM Bradenton and will be matriculating in July. The MMS GPA min for us was 3.2 to interview and 40th percentile MCAT. After that, we had to maintain 3.3 for the rest of the semester, with nothing less than a C. Keep in mind 3.2 was just to interview. I believe the people that got accepted right away had a 3.5+ in the fall, and the rest were waitlisted or accepted later on. We started with about 100 students in the summer, which dropped to around 85-87 by end of fall. Out of the cohort, 30 students interviewed for DO. I can't speak for the LMU DCOM Master program, but LECOM has a very strong linkage if you fulfil the requirements. 3.2 sounds easy enough, but you want to be at a least 3.5 by the end of fall semester to secure your conditional acceptance in the spring. Spring semester is a lot tougher (anatomy and micro) and some people were stressed as hell by the end bc they were borderline 3.3/close to losing their conditional acceptance. Imagine paying 20K and losing your acceptance at the very end. That being said, quite a handful of people who didn't interview at LECOM still got accepted to other schools. The MMS is tough work, but if you treat it seriously and make the benchmarks, you will be guaranteed an acceptance to the medical school.

Reactions: 1 user
If there’s something specific you’re curious about, please privately message me.

My MMS class started with around 170 students. We were down to around 90 that came back for the spring semester after receiving fall grades. We lost some more before that semester’s withdraw deadline. And of those who graduated at the end of the year to receive the MMS degree, I believe around 30-40 were offered DO seats. A handful (less than 5, I think) weren’t eligible for DO due to remediating courses and ended up entering various pharmacy programs at both LECOM and other schools.
Do u know if those that remediated got interviews if they met the GPA requirement?

why don't you recommend LMU DCOM? I heard good and bad things about it. LMU is in-state for me, so I will be closer to my family and cheaper. LECOM heard great things about it with their rotation sites being better than LMU but it's far from home.
LECOM is cheaper. LMU does not provide in-state tuition as far as I know.