Please help me decide where is better to specialize in Psychiatry, USA or Spain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caramelina

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I need help to decide where is better to do my residency in psychiatry, in Spain or USA?. I have Italian Citizenship, I did my medschool in Mexico.I already took the Step 1 and passed it, I'm already in the process of getting the ECFMG certificate. I don't really know how good is the formation for psychiatrists in Spain. I have been looking for information regarding all my doubts, but I haven't find anything to help me with this Life decision. I would really appreciate if someone could help me with the pros and cons of studying in each country, and why. Thank you so much for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I know nothing about the comparison of the systems, but I do know of someone that might. His name is Carlos Blanco, and he is a faculty member at Columbia (NY) who is from Spain but did residency at Columbia. His email is [email protected]. See if you can get him to respond...who knows, it may work...