• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

GRAD

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
So I have a problem.

LLU has offered me a 20,000 dollar scholarship over 4 years, but I have sent in a deposit to the University of MD. What should I do? Should I go to LLU? of MD?

OceanBlue

HA! I knew it.
10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
South
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
So I have a problem.

LLU has offered me a 20,000 dollar scholarship over 4 years, but I have sent in a deposit to the University of MD. What should I do? Should I go to LLU? of MD?

calculate everything and go with the cheaper one. "Usually" that's that best idea

J

jackbauer!

i agree.....cheaper should be a top priority. if i'm not mistake, that $20k over 4 years will make it's tutition identical to U of MD. Therefore, I would try to base your decision on location...

do you like california better or baltimore? i dunno where loma linda is located, but baltimore is an OK city (however, the crime rate is kinda scary :eek: ). where do you want to practice? i would lean towards loma linda if you want to move back to california....the opportunities to network in california won't be available if you're in B'more.

congrats & best of luck to you. if you decide to turn down U of MD, let Meehan know that jackbauer! is patiently awaiting his offer :thumbup:

jb!:)

About the Ads

EnviroDentist

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Go to LLU any dental school giving you a scholarship will love you more than one not giving you a scholarship. Unless the scholarship is based on something other than merit.

GRAD

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Well, actually, MD is about 50,000 a year for tuition and fees, and loma linda is a little less, but then another 20,000 off. dont know.

J

jackbauer!

i would choose the cheaper school, which is loma linda. go to dental town forums and every ESTABLISHED dentist (not a predent) will say hands down "go to the cheapest school possible."

also, the people of loma linda live longer than any other city population in the united states..Fact.

gl w/ your decision,
jb!:)

lifeisgood

the original
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2005
San Clemente, CA
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
So I have a problem.

Haven't heard back from UCLA? I'm still hoping to see you there next year. IMO, go to Maryland. That school, their philosophy, everything about it is just awesome. If I hadn't been accepted to UCLA, I prob would have gone to MD. Good luck man, hope to see you in Westwood!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.