Please help me decide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GRAD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
So I have a problem.

LLU has offered me a 20,000 dollar scholarship over 4 years, but I have sent in a deposit to the University of MD. What should I do? Should I go to LLU? of MD?

OceanBlue

HA! I knew it.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a problem.

LLU has offered me a 20,000 dollar scholarship over 4 years, but I have sent in a deposit to the University of MD. What should I do? Should I go to LLU? of MD?

calculate everything and go with the cheaper one. "Usually" that's that best idea

J

jackbauer!

i agree.....cheaper should be a top priority. if i'm not mistake, that $20k over 4 years will make it's tutition identical to U of MD. Therefore, I would try to base your decision on location...

do you like california better or baltimore? i dunno where loma linda is located, but baltimore is an OK city (however, the crime rate is kinda scary :eek: ). where do you want to practice? i would lean towards loma linda if you want to move back to california....the opportunities to network in california won't be available if you're in B'more.

congrats & best of luck to you. if you decide to turn down U of MD, let Meehan know that jackbauer! is patiently awaiting his offer :thumbup:

jb!:)

EnviroDentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Go to LLU any dental school giving you a scholarship will love you more than one not giving you a scholarship. Unless the scholarship is based on something other than merit.

GRAD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, actually, MD is about 50,000 a year for tuition and fees, and loma linda is a little less, but then another 20,000 off. dont know.

CaliDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i would go with LLU for sure
i wish i could get in there

J

jackbauer!

i would choose the cheaper school, which is loma linda. go to dental town forums and every ESTABLISHED dentist (not a predent) will say hands down "go to the cheapest school possible."

also, the people of loma linda live longer than any other city population in the united states..Fact.

gl w/ your decision,
jb!:)

lifeisgood

the original
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a problem.

Haven't heard back from UCLA? I'm still hoping to see you there next year. IMO, go to Maryland. That school, their philosophy, everything about it is just awesome. If I hadn't been accepted to UCLA, I prob would have gone to MD. Good luck man, hope to see you in Westwood!