Please help me generate a school list!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purplewall

Reaction score
Hello! I am still new to sdn and I made an account because I was unsure of what schools to apply to with my stats. I wanted to post in both the MD and DO forums because I am open to both schools.
Overall GPA: 3.3
Science GPA: 3.5
Asian-American living in California

MCAT: 126 - 127 - 128 - 126

My experiences:
~500 hours of clinical volunteering hours
~200 hours of unpaid research hours
1 year of paid research experience (~1500 hours)
2 posters and 1 upcoming publication
3 years of shadowing a internal medicine MD
President and VP of my cultural sorority
Secretary for another cultural club
~200 hours of volunteering at a free clinic
~800 hours of tutoring disadvantaged children

My family has been financially disadvantaged since I was in middle school so I have been supporting myself throughout college with several part-time jobs. I'm not sure if my financial status would qualify me as disadvantaged since I am Asian. I know my GPA is very low and I'm planning on taking my MCAT again soon.
Thank you to everyone in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

507 is fine for DO, apply broadly(Especially if you're open for moving) and you should be fine. You're pretty much not going to get in a state MD though.

Don't waste your money on applying to MD. Apply broadly for DO and you will get in somewhere. Being Asian American it will be tough for MD. Your gpa dn MCAT is below avg for MD.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't waste your money on applying to MD. Apply broadly for DO and you will get in somewhere. Being Asian American it will be tough for MD. Your gpa dn MCAT is below avg for MD.
Do you think taking some extra classes and retaking my MCAT would make me more competitive for MD schools?

Do you think taking some extra classes and retaking my MCAT would make me more competitive for MD schools?
Don’t retake courses you got a C in, and it doesn’t look like you got below C’s. You may consider a SMP but you’d have to increase that MCAT to 512+ to be competitive for MD