Please Help me with my school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sava88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me add couple more schools to my lists,
I'm Canadian and I have already applied to the schools below, my CGPA is 3.4, GPA is 3.3 and MCAT of 503

Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University

Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine–New York
University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine

Also as a Canadian, which of these two schools accept internationals:

Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
or
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Northwest

Thank you everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

last bump, any input would be appareciated

Members don't see this ad :)
take out a small loan from someone/family and apply to ~25 schools. once you get in, pay them back a little at a time with your loan from the gubment

Reactions: 1 user
take out a small loan from someone/family and apply to ~25 schools. once you get in, pay them back a little at a time with your loan from the gubment

I lol'ed. OP, inb4 apply more broadly.

Hi everyone, I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me add couple more schools to my lists,
I'm Canadian and I have already applied to the schools below, my CGPA is 3.4, GPA is 3.3 and MCAT of 503

Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University

Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine–New York
University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine

Also as a Canadian, which of these two schools accept internationals:

Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
or
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Northwest

Thank you everyone!

Actually I think it's a good list, but if you have a financial limit, I would remove three of those and find others. Your stats are on the low-average side for DO applicants.
1) Nova Southeastern is a very competitive program with a moderate regional bias. Not as bad as NYCOM but I personally wouldn't bother.
2) Michigan state might be one of the most competitive DO programs there is. I don't know where in Canada you're from but if I had your stats, I wouldn't be fantastically confident.
3) Touro NY notoriously weighs MCAT scores very heavily. I wouldn't feel great applying with a 503.
4) I'm on the fence about the Midwestern schools. They can be pretty unforgiving, but you might have what it takes.

Here are ones I think you should add, but find out about Canadian chances, because I don't know.

-I think you should add ATSU-SOMA (arizona) to your list. Great program and your stats are good for an interview there.

-Consider the southern schools and RVU, though their mcat is a bit high.

And keep in mind that Marian has an intense interview process.

I don't have much to offer since you are Canadian. If these schools accept internationals, I would say its a good list.

I would not waste your money on MSU. They are very known to have an in-state bias, and your stats are not very competitive as it is.

Try the newer schools like CUSOM and RVU-Utah (not sure if the req are the same for RVU-colorado)