Please help me!!!

Started by riceman04
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceman04

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙁 ...For the past 3 or so years I have been having headaches focused just above my right eye. While home my father (a physician) finally decided to talk to his radiology buddies about having this problem checked out. I had a CT and an MRI done yesterday. They found a cyst (2 cm in diameter) in the super-cellar region of my head...I guess it is also near my pituitary gland (I am almost certain that I mispelled super-cellar...but whatever). The radiologist and my pops suggested talking to an endocrinologist and a neurosurgeon about tratment options.

I know that surgery is an option...but I am scared to death of something going wrong. My pops knows this old school neurosurgeon who has probably seen something like this before, but I am worried that he is not as knowledeable of new techniques as younger physicians might be.

Do any of you guys know of any specific surgical techniques on which I can do some reasearch for this particular problem.

Thanks ladies and gents...I am pre-med and am so close to pursuing my dream. The last thing I want is for something like this to ruin it.

Thanks,

John
 
Status
Not open for further replies.