China and Eastern Asia Please help me.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

urology lover

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to learn the names in English of each tools in operating room, like all kinds forceps, needle drivers,etc. I am an IMG and nervous for PGY-1. Because the Surgery textbook I learned is not in English. Please advise.
Thank you very much!
 
Find a copy of the book Surgical Recall which has drawings of the common surgical instruments in its first few chapters. Best way to know what its specific use is to handle it yourself while assisting in the OR. Good luck!
 
I want to learn the names in English of each tools in operating room, like all kinds forceps, needle drivers,etc. I am an IMG and nervous for PGY-1. Because the Surgery textbook I learned is not in English. Please advise.
Thank you very much!

Off topic question: How many total years of residency do you need to become a urologist? How many of them general surgery?