Please help me....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Doogie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi im new here, I will be starting college this fall. I am an international student, I was so sure I wanted to go to med school, but recently after reading some articles, dentistry also appeals to me.

My question is do dental schools accept international students?

Can anyone tell me the whole admissions process or at least provide me with a link ?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi im new here, I will be starting college this fall. I am an international student, I was so sure I wanted to go to med school, but recently after reading some articles, dentistry also appeals to me.

Can anyone tell me the whole admissions process or at least provide me with a link ?

Thank you!

Next time you can try to make the topic a little bit more specific. You might get more replies that way.

Yes, US dental schools do accept international students. If you have already gotten you BDS, you should look into IDP.

If you are just looking into regular DDS/DMD admission, you should apply via AADSAS. The next cycle starts May 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you!

Hello, welcome to SDN. Yes they do accept internationals, I have many friends who are in Dental school. I myself am an international student. I am applying for this cycle as well. The process is the same as with Med school. Go to Adea.org and ADA.org for more information.

As you would expect it is more difficult to get accepted as an international.
American D-schools prefer Americans.

I am an international student, and I got accepted this year. I'm so lucky and happy right now! :)
It's true they prefer in-state students, but there are always some spots for internationals. So, don't be afraid and go for dentistry if you really want it!

Good luck !