Please help me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDentalKorean

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I just finished my freshmen year at Cornell University, and I ended up with 3.3 :(
My dream has always been to go to d-school in US, but I don't know if I can go now.
I am Canadian, so there are not many schools I can apply either. Should I do masters or something to boost my chance?
I know you will say, you are only freshmen just try harder, but I'm just really depressed I guess I need encouraging words like baby.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I just finished my freshmen year at Cornell University, and I ended up with 3.3 :(
My dream has always been to go to d-school in US, but I don't know if I can go now.
I am Canadian, so there are not many schools I can apply either. Should I do masters or something to boost my chance?
I know you will say, you are only freshmen just try harder, but I'm just really depressed I guess I need encouraging words like baby.

Don't worry buddy. You are smart enough to go to Cornell, and you still have 2 or 3 more years to go.

Plenty more years to make up for that GPA and that GPA isn't even bad. I know that you need really good stats to get into a Canadian dental school, but if all else fails, you can always get your degree in the states. Just keep working, get advice from your pre-health advisor. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)

Haha dont worry man.. i had a 3.1 my first year.. in my opinion those intro classes you take freshman year are the worst because theres just so much info to rem. it gets easier as you go on. Just study hard. Good luck.

You may not realize this, but Cornell is a VERY difficult school. GPA's are not handed out. While there may be grade inflation at other ivy's, there's actually grade DEflation at Cornell. A 3.3 from there is very good. Sit back and keep up the good work. When you end up applying for schools, you'll be at a premium in the application process. There are very few applicants from such selective schools.

Hey. I graduated with 3.3 and I am in. You will be fine. Good luck! :thumbup:

Hey. I graduated with 3.3 and I am in.

Haha yes thats true, but you also have a ridiculous DAT score :D