1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Please help me

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by PreDentalKorean, May 14, 2008.

1. PreDentalKorean

Pre-Dental
    Hi. I just finished my freshmen year at Cornell University, and I ended up with 3.3 :(
    My dream has always been to go to d-school in US, but I don't know if I can go now.
    I am Canadian, so there are not many schools I can apply either. Should I do masters or something to boost my chance?
    I know you will say, you are only freshmen just try harder, but I'm just really depressed I guess I need encouraging words like baby.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bruinlove

Pre-Dental
    Don't worry buddy. You are smart enough to go to Cornell, and you still have 2 or 3 more years to go.

4. SugarNaCl

SugarNaCl Dental Student
    Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    Plenty more years to make up for that GPA and that GPA isn't even bad. I know that you need really good stats to get into a Canadian dental school, but if all else fails, you can always get your degree in the states. Just keep working, get advice from your pre-health advisor. Good luck.

5. NismoDDS

NismoDDS Status: Elite

Pre-Dental
    Haha dont worry man.. i had a 3.1 my first year.. in my opinion those intro classes you take freshman year are the worst because theres just so much info to rem. it gets easier as you go on. Just study hard. Good luck.

6. UCSF2012

UCSF2012 Tooth Rehab Student

Rehab Sci Student
    You may not realize this, but Cornell is a VERY difficult school. GPA's are not handed out. While there may be grade inflation at other ivy's, there's actually grade DEflation at Cornell. A 3.3 from there is very good. Sit back and keep up the good work. When you end up applying for schools, you'll be at a premium in the application process. There are very few applicants from such selective schools.

7. jigabodo

Dentist

Dentist
    Hey. I graduated with 3.3 and I am in. You will be fine. Good luck! :thumbup:

8. xaznxcountx

Dental Student
    Hey. I graduated with 3.3 and I am in.

Haha yes thats true, but you also have a ridiculous DAT score :D

9. jigabodo

Dentist

Dentist
    Just goes to show how a good DAT score can save you from your low GPA.