Please help me!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jinzabread

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just got invitation from Indiana. but I didn't know that I have to get 3 letters from science professors. I got 2 from profs and 1 from dentist.
So do I have to send this letter to AADSAS or to the school?
if I send it to AADSAS, do they send it to indiana?

And... I completely missed that I have to take anatomy...
and I already graduated from a university.
so I was just wondering if I could take this course at community college because its much cheaper and closer. I am worried that maybe dental schools (including indiana) that I applied might not accept this anatomy credit from CC.
and If I take it, do I have to update my AADSAS course work?

Please help me. I am so mad that I missed this one class....
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need 3 LORs from science professors. Taken from their website:

"HOW MANY LETTERS OF EVALUATION ARE NEEDED?

All letters of evaluation must be sent directly to AADSAS. AADSAS will only process four letters of evaluation, therefore, IUSD will accept only three required academic letters of evaluation and one optional personal letter of evaluation. Interviews will be granted to selected applicants only after the three (3) academic letters of evaluation, DAT scores and the application fee have been received by the IU School of Dentistry. These evaluations may be in either form:

One evaluation from a pre-dental or pre-professional committee
Three academic letters of evaluation from faculty members whose subjects you have completed at the university you attended. At least two of the three should be from your science professors; the third can be from any of your professors."

http://www.iusd.iupui.edu/Depts/SA/FAQprograms.aspx

Regarding the anatomy course, there is a recent thread somewhere discussing that matter --> http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=757458

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I just got invitation from Indiana. but I didn't know that I have to get 3 letters from science professors. I got 2 from profs and 1 from dentist.
So do I have to send this letter to AADSAS or to the school?
if I send it to AADSAS, do they send it to indiana?

And... I completely missed that I have to take anatomy...
and I already graduated from a university.
so I was just wondering if I could take this course at community college because its much cheaper and closer. I am worried that maybe dental schools (including indiana) that I applied might not accept this anatomy credit from CC.
and If I take it, do I have to update my AADSAS course work?

Please help me. I am so mad that I missed this one class....
Thank you!

Relaxxxx, Indiana allows you to take the Anatomy course in the summer before you start your dentistry.

As far as letter of Ref, you already got the interview. If it was important, they would have told you about it.

Are you considered resident for Indiana ? What is your GPA and DAT if you don't mind sharing with us ?

Best of Luck with your interview.

Thanks for the fast replies!
and the linked tread is very useful.
I might have to take anatomy because there are other schools that require.
I wil call some school to see if they accept CC credit.
Well. I need to get another letter from a professor anyways...

---------------------------
Three academic letters of recommendation are required. (Letters from dentists are considered personal, not academic.) We need _1___ to complete your file.
------------------------------
this is what they are saying.
Guess I have to meet with my professor..

really appreciate your info tho!
I am not Indiana resident.
I don't mind sharing my stats. GPA 3.97 DAT AA24
I submitted 7/23