Please Help - MS/MBS/Post-bacc/Reapplicant Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neatofrito55

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi!

Why don't you try applying to Tulane's one year MS in CMB?

Here's more info: http://cell.tulane.edu/masters.htm

They accept all kinds of students (premed/predental/etc) and if I were you, I would call and ask them about their stat. on acceptance, but I know your stat isn't that far off from their's.

I'm planning to attend this program starting this fall, so if you have any questions regarding the program, you can PM me.

For those of you that have applied to masters/masters in biomedical sciences/post-bacc/re-applicant programs, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing what type of information you stressed in your personal statement and application.

I've been rejected almost immediately by the programs I've applied to so far (Nova MBS, Creighton Post-bacc, UCLA re-applicant, Stanford MS) so I'm wondering if there's something terribly wrong with my application.

My GPA is pretty weak (3.3 overall/2.8 science), but I've been earning a 3.9 in an informal post-bacc program for the past year.

The weak overall GPA is probably keeping me from getting into a masters program, but do you think my record of improvement might be preventing me from getting into a re-applicant program, since a committee might find that their program would not be as beneficial for me as another student?

And any suggestions on things to stress on a MS versus MBS versus reapplicant program application? Should I avoid mentioning my interest in dentistry if I am applying to a pure MS program?

I really appreciate any feedback you guys might have!

How are your DAT scores? It's ok (and actually better) to have a mediocre GPA when applying to those programs, they tend to consider DAT and standardize tests highly.

I don't see why you would avoid mentioning your interest in dentistry, there's nothing wrong with getting a master's and then entering dental school.