PLEASE HELP! PharmCAS ROOKIE HERE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HunterrV

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm a new applicant and I plan on applying at the end of August (or at least I hope to). I'm pretty sure I made a huge mistake. I hate procrastinating, therefore, I started my application in like March/April (2016). What I didn't know (why I consider myself a "rookie") is that I was making an application for the old cycle... hopefully I said that right.

I filled out the whole application, basically. However, I'm very scared/worried about a few things. Since I made this new application, do I need to ask my references to write their letters again? Do I need to resubmit my college transcript to PharmCAS? Do I need to retake the PCAT (please no) or will my July 2016 scores be linked to my PCAT CID on my new application? I'm sorry about all of the questions, but I wasn't expecting this to occur. Anyone that helps me out, I will be eternally grateful. Thanks so much to anyone in advance.

Side Note: My application wasn't verified, since I'm a new applicant. Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I'm a new applicant and I plan on applying at the end of August (or at least I hope to). I'm pretty sure I made a huge mistake. I hate procrastinating, therefore, I started my application in like March/April (2016). What I didn't know (why I consider myself a "rookie") is that I was making an application for the old cycle... hopefully I said that right.

I filled out the whole application, basically. However, I'm very scared/worried about a few things. Since I made this new application, do I need to ask my references to write their letters again? Do I need to resubmit my college transcript to PharmCAS? Do I need to retake the PCAT (please no) or will my July 2016 scores be linked to my PCAT CID on my new application? I'm sorry about all of the questions, but I wasn't expecting this to occur. Anyone that helps me out, I will be eternally grateful. Thanks so much to anyone in advance.

Side Note: My application wasn't verified, since I'm a new applicant. Thanks again.

Alrighty - I did the exact same thing so I have experience with this issue. You will need to send letters of references out again (write them an email explaining your situation, apologize, etc. They should still have a copy of the letter if recent) and resend transcripts (they need to have those on file for 2016-2017 school year application cycle). You do not need to retake the PCAT, you can just link the CID to the application using the number. Just start working on it once again since you are now familiar with the program and you will be fine.

Unfortunately, if you did not pay the $150, nothing is saved on their application program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alrighty - I did the exact same thing so I have experience with this issue. You will need to send letters of references out again (write them an email explaining your situation, apologize, etc. They should still have a copy of the letter if recent) and resend transcripts (they need to have those on file for 2016-2017 school year application cycle). You do not need to retake the PCAT, you can just link the CID to the application using the number. Just start working on it once again since you are now familiar with the program and you will be fine.

Thanks! Yeah, I filled everything out again. I sent e-mails to my references apologizing a million times and telling them why it happened and what not. The two professors I have writing my letters are pretty cool with me, so hopefully they don't mind (and hopefully they still have them on file, like you said). About the PCAT, as long as I put my PCAT CID down on my new application, the scores will be linked to me? If that is the case, that is a huge relief as well. I'm going to resubmit my transcript tomorrow, so hopefully gets squared away soon.

Sorry for the long, unnecessary reply. Once I found out that everything that I was doing was wrong, it was like a tsunami came in and just destroyed me lol. Thanks for answering my questions and I hope you get into the schools you want! Good luck!

Thanks! Yeah, I filled everything out again. I sent e-mails to my references apologizing a million times and telling them why it happened and what not. The two professors I have writing my letters are pretty cool with me, so hopefully they don't mind (and hopefully they still have them on file, like you said). About the PCAT, as long as I put my PCAT CID down on my new application, the scores will be linked to me? If that is the case, that is a huge relief as well. I'm going to resubmit my transcript tomorrow, so hopefully gets squared away soon.

Sorry for the long, unnecessary reply. Once I found out that everything that I was doing was wrong, it was like a tsunami came in and just destroyed me lol. Thanks for answering my questions and I hope you get into the schools you want! Good luck!
You should be fine in terms of applying using the same CID. You can call Pharmcas and ask if you want a 100% for sure answer.