Please HELP: Physiology Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tastebuds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me on how to study for physiology for Step I? This is my weakest subject and I cant seem to retain alot of the info :eek: . Also, is there alot of physio on step I? Does anyone know if there are alot of equation questions?

Members don't see this ad.

i think it depends on how much time you have left. a lot of people on here use BRS phys, which is a shorter version of the awesome Costanzo's Physiology text (sp?). if you're really weak on this subject, and have the time, maybe Costanzo or Kaplan's Physiology lecture notes. otherwise, most people think that BRS phys is fine. feel free to add to this, veterans.

How much time do you have left? I don't have M2 experience to speak of, but if you're short on time and feel weak on the basics, you probably should focus on learning the physiology associated with classic pathological disorders, which often is very demonstrative of the physiology.

If you're really weak on the basics, and have a little more time, BRS Phys is good to get you organized but it's not going to explain anything to you in a way that's going to stick. If you have time, I would go through BRS and pull out a bigger textbook when something important comes up that you don't get.

you could try that physiology Qbank that kaplan has. I'm not really sure how good it is. Believe it or not, goljan is actually pretty good for physio as well (his PATH book).