Please help. PP -> HOPD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JLE85

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker, I really appreciate hive mind. Leaving current practice to take a hospital position with 415k base with productivity bonus set at around 5000 RVUs with every additional RVU being compensated at around $30.00. Being used to the collections model, is this fair? Compensation will be reviewed at committee at >75% MGMA. Is this pretty standard?

Really appreciate help.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m hoping for an excellent answer; however, I fear that the answer is no one. In fact, I don’t even know that among your true peers in a pain medicine group you will feel valued. When you’re expected to see a patient every 15 minutes and do 5 procedures an hour what value do you have as a professional? You’re just a machine with 10 fingers and a heart beat.
The very harsh reality is that AI will be able to replace us. At the pace most of us work, the human nature of medical care has been eliminated. You are rewarded for speed and volume and nothing else. Why not train AI to do it without needing to take a sip of water or take a piss

Reactions: 1 user
The “art” of medicine has been lost. How incredibly sad. There is no value placed on quality of work, only quantity. When one of our more senior forum members (who eventually apparently got insulted and signed off) stated “ the problem with fellowships is that they don’t teach fellows to be FAST” I knew that our priorities were screwed up beyond repair.

Reactions: 2 users